Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sailing Away

Another post from me today!

I think one of my resolutions for the New Year will be to ink up and use all the stamps I own.  Yeah, right.  That's so not going to happen, but I'm going to TRY.  That might mean I have to ink up a new stamp every week, so that takes care of 52 stamps...so then I would need say, an extra 10 years or so to keep up with my new year's resolution.  Not to mention, that would mean I couldn't buy any new stamps.  Fat chance.

Anywho, a girl can dream.

BUT, I have managed to use my unused Lili of the Valley image called Sailing Boat.  I just love his little guy.  Love the way he's holding is boat.  This little guy was colored with Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush.
 
Oh, and I got so excited that I was able to use my October Afternoon Seaside Paper Pad.  I haven't touched this pad at all, but just look at how PERFECT it matches the image!! Isn't that cool?  Okay, maybe it's a little too matchy-matchy, but I couldn't help myself.  I even decorated the inside of the card, something I rarely do, but will definitely try to do more often next year.  It just finishes the card off so nicely.

The sentiment is from the Whimsy Stamps Circle Postmarks.  I forgot how much I actually really liked this sentiment set.  I guess there must have been a reason why I designed them this way, lol.

I used some new stuff that I treated myself to which are the ivory twill and the baker's twine.  I was kicking myself for not using my netting ribbon, which would have gone perfectly with this card.  I did manage to use some more Viva Decor Pearl Pens (no surprise).  I used the Light Blue Pearl Pen on top of the brass brads and the Copper Pearl Pen on the bottom left corner.

Stamps: Lili of the Valley Sailing Boat and Whimsy Stamps Circle Postmarks
Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush  
Paper: October Afternoon Seaside 8x8 Paper Pad
Accessories: twill, baker's twine, brads, Viva Decor Light Blue Pearl Pen, Viva Decor Copper Pearl Pen
Tools: Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper CutterATG adhesive gun

7 comments:

mudmaven said...

I totally love this - got this stamp a while back and now I'll just HAVE to do something with it. Haven't tried my distress re-inkers yet either. Might be a groundbreaking New Year's eve! Gorgeous, stunning card! ~chris

Kim Y. said...

Totally cute card!
He is sweet! I hear you about trying to use the new stamps! It will probably take me as long to ink them all up too! LOL

Rosa-kreattiva said...

........|___|...
........|000|...
........|000|... Happy New Year!
........|000|...
........|000|... per un anno magico.
.........\00/....
..........\0/..... con affetto
...........||..... rosa.kreattiva
...........||.....
...........||......
........._||_.... ♥¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´♥♥.¸.•´¸.•*´¨)

Renkata said...

Very cute and adorable card Ann.
Wish you all the best in 2011 year!

Dorcas said...

Ann! How lovely!!!

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! This is so very sweet Ann!! Adore your layout and gorgeous details!! :) Best wishes for a wonderful New Year my friend!!HUGS

Lorraine said...

Aw, how cute is this little guy? Love your coloring of him and your card design!