Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Putting some new stamps to use!

Hello everyone!

There are so many beautiful stamps and papers coming out lately that I can't help but take some time to put them to good use!  I have two cards to share with you which are somewhat different from each other, but still uses some beautiful new-to-me images :)

The first card is a Magnolia card using the elegant and beautiful Star Tilda from the new Magnolia Stamps Merry Little Christmas Collection.  This stamp is in stock an available now at the 7 Kids store HERE.  I threw in a bunch of pearls (I had fun putting it on her headband), some lace, and colored her star wand and dress with Clear Atyou Spica Glitter Pen from Copics. The image was colored using Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush.

The papers are from the GORGEOUS new BasicGrey Curio 6x6 Paper Pad.  These papers are absolutely stunning.  The color combination in this pad is just something I haven't really run across.  New is refreshing!  The Curio Glazed Brads are also on my (ever-growing) wish list!

Stamps: Magnolia Stamps Star Tilda
Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush  
Paper: BasicGrey Curio 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: pearls, ribbon, lace, glass garland, Prima flowers, WOC flowers and leaves
ToolsTonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper CutterATG adhesive gun, Inkssentials Opaque White Pen, Clear Atyou Spica Glitter Pen from Copics

The second card I'd like to share uses the oh-so-adorable SWALK image called Sunshine.  The stamp is from Crafter's Companion and it's currently available and in stock at the 7 Kids store HERE.  This stamp is reasonably priced, too, considering how big it is.

This little girl was really a pleasure to color :)  Whereas the Tilda stamp took me forever, this was a breeze to color and I even got to put my chalks to use!!  The image as colored with Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush, but I used some chalk for the sky background and the grass.  To apply the chalk, I dabbed my Dove Blender Pen directly into the chalk and just smudged it around.  It's my first time using the Dove Blender Pen and I don't know if I did it right, but I'm okay with how the image turned out :)  The Dove Blender Pen is really easy to work with.

Again, I threw in some pearls for accents.  And again, the paper pad is a newly acquired BasicGrey Majorlaine 6x6 Paper Pad.  I really love the summery colors of this pad.  It's got a lot of different color schemes you can work with; for this card, I went with the more earthly feel.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my creations!

Stamps: Crafter's Companion SWALK Sunshine; Whimsy Stamps Birthday Letter Seals (sentiment)
Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush, Dove Blender Pen with chalks
Paper: BasicGrey Majorlaine 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: pearls, ribbon, Prima flowers
ToolsTonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper Cutter, ATG adhesive gun, Martha Stewart border punch


Challenges (more to be added):

8 comments:

CHRISSY said...

Hello Ann, both of your cards are gorgeous. Ive yet to own a Magnolia stamp and I adore her, cant wait to get one.The papers you have used are stunning are'nt they.Love the pearl headband, and your coloring was worth it, it is beautiful
Luv CHRISSYxx

E.T said...

wow! gorgeous papers Ann! you have tons of these awesome papers dont you! love the cards.

Lori said...

Your coloring on both of these cards is amazing! Very beautiful Ann!!!
Love and hugs ~ Lori

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous cards Ann.
luv
Debby

Becky said...

This is so cute, lovely details.

Silvie Z said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Ann! Wonderful coloring! And love your choice of design papers and embellies! Pretty layouts too!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

Karyn S said...

what gorgeous cards! They are both such different styles but stunning.
I have a blog award for you to pick up when your ready on my blog.

LouDotMac said...

This card is stunning - from the image, to the colours, to the sentiment! Just perfect!

I love the big lemon ribbon! Gorgeous

Nice job.

xo