Tuesday, December 7, 2010

7 Kids College Fund Challenge: Winter Wonderland

It's time for another 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

Wow, I can't believe it's been two weeks already!  I'm sure everyone is having a very busy week, and a very busy month, so why not take some time to relax and de-stress with a little crafting?  This week at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge, we're asking you to create something with a Winter Wonderland theme.  Yep, very easy and very time appropriate, so while you're de-stressing, you'll also be knocking down some Christmas cardmaking :)

For my Winter Wonderland card, I've created a card using the oh-so-sweet Sweet November Neva stamp from CC Designs.  Isn't she just lovely?? She has such a sweet face and it really lets me use my snowflake dies.  The snowflake die that I used is called Winter's Jewel 1 from Whimsy Stamps.  It's actually just one die, but you can layer it and create different looking dies by cutting out the ends.  For the price of one die, you have endless possibilities!

And again, I went crazy with the Viva Decor Pearl Pens!  I really don't know how I didn't discover these earlier, but they are just one of the greatest embellishments/tools I've ever run across.  Granted, I may not have the most steady hand and I do tend to get messy, but you can probably do a better job than I can with these Pearl Pens.  For this card, I've used the Light Blue Pearl Pen and the Light Green Pearl Pen on Neva's snowflake dress as well as on the corner outline of the Mega Nestabilities Labels 8 die cut.  I also used some Stickles on part of her dress.

The border punch is the Martha Stewart Doily Hearts Edge Punch.  All the papers I used were from the BasicGrey Majorlaine 6x6 Paper Pad.


Stamps: CC Designs Sweet November Neva; Sentiment from Whimsy Stamps Friendship Ticket Sentiments
Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush  
Paper: BasicGrey Majorlaine 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: Stickles, Viva Decor Pearl Pens in Light Blue Pearl Pen and Light Green Pearl Pen
ToolsCuttlebug, Mega Nestabilities Labels 8, Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper CutterATG adhesive gun

Oh, and while I have you here, did you know that 7 Kids College Fund just added some new great goodies to the store?? The store also now carries the Ranger Liquid Pearls, so if the Viva Decor Pearl Pens are not your thing, or if you wanted to start out with something cheaper, you might want to try to  Ranger Liquid Pearls.

This week's code is NEWSTUFF10 and will save customers 10% on everything in the ADDED THIS WEEK section of the store!



7 Kids also has some new stamps in stock!  Check out these latest additions at the "Added this week" section of the store.





This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Card Patterns - Sketch
  2. Lili of the Valley - My Favorite Things - ribbons, and Viva Decor Pearl Pens!
  3. Wags 'n Whiskers - Snowflakes
  4. Gingerloft - Bows
  5. Paper Playtime - Snowflakes
  6. Moxie Fab World -All that Glitters - Snowflakes always
  7. City Crafter - Let it Snow
  8. Top Tip Tuesday - Ribbon

20 comments:

Renkata said...

Hi Ann,
this is just so pretty and wonderful card!

Jeanet said...

Great card, I love that stamp! Hugs, Jeanet

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors and the snowflakes!!

Chrissy said...

She certainly is adorable.A beautiful card, and a very informative posting.Great stuff.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Yvonne Russell said...

I love snowflakes too, and this card is just gorgeous.

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Oh the colors in this card go so well and the image and your coloring is beautiful! Excellent job! Thank you for sharing and playing with Gingerloft Challenge.

Janis said...

What a cool card, colors, and image. Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Beate said...

Gorgeous coloring, Ann! Beautiful card!
Hugs and smiles

Ros said...

Stunning!!! I absolutely love this ... I need to get some of those pens ... thanks ever so much for joining us at CCCB

Cheryl said...

Ann, this is gorgeous! Jaw dropping even. I love the color combo you used. I have to get some of those pens.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Ann,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Agata said...

That's very rich and very beautiful! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a cute image, lovely coloring too, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Jo said...

Oh this is just so so pretty!

Lynn said...

Beautiful card and love the perfect bow:)
Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges.
Huggs
Lynn x

Tami said...

Very lovely. Thanks so much for playing at Gingerloft. What a cute fairy

HappyCrafter said...

Fabulous card! Your colouring is awesome and I love all the snowflakes layered on there.

Linda Robinson said...

This is so adorable. I love that image.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Cath said...

What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

Such a fantabulous card! LOVE it in EVERY way! Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB this week!