Saturday, November 6, 2010

A sketch challenge at Sentimental Sundays

Hello everyone! Are you ready to get sentimental?

This week at Sentimental Sundays, we have a fantastic sketch for you to try out!  The sketch was done by one of our new DT members, Dorcas.  It was a great sketch to work with.  Very versatile!  For my creation, I laid off of the flowers (which I've been going CRAZY with these past few days) and went for a cleaner look.  I used two different ribbons, one on top of the other, and tied it in a bow.  Oh my goodness, it took me FOREVER to tie these ribbons, and they still don't look all that great, but I was done messing with it and got frustrated.  It turned out okay, but it could have been better : /

I'm not sure which challenge it was for, but I recently won a $15 GC at the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps store.  I hardly ever win any challenge prizes!  I've actually been admiring this image (Fall Charlotte) for a while now and I was SO delighted when I found out that I won!  I picked up two other stamps, which I can hopefully ink up soon.  The Thanksgiving sentiment is from the Whimsy Stamps Holiday Postmarks sentiment set, which was one of the first rubber sentiments I ever designed for Whimsy :)

Make sure to visit the Sentimental Sundays Blog to see creations from the NEW design team members and to grab the freebie for the week.  Here's a peek at the freebie set this week, but you have to head to the Sentimental Sundays Blog to get the download link:

Stamps: Sparkle Creations Stamps - Fall Charlotte
Coloring Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush 
Paper: BasicGrey Pyrus 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: WOC flowers, ribbons
ToolsCuttlebug, Nestabilities Labels 1, Shapeabilities Doodle Parts, Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool, Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pad, Making Memories Paper TrimmerATG adhesive gun

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Cupcake Craft - Thank You + Autumn Colors
  2. Scrap-Creations - Favorite Technique - watercoloring!
  3. Tuesday Throwdown - Give Thanks
  4. TCP - Girls Rule
  5. Sisterhood of Crafters - Fall with Leaves
  6. S2G - Use "thanks" in creation
  7. Meljen's - 3 Different Shapes - Square (card, image), Circle (sentiment), Rectangle (2 panels)
  8. CES Challenges - Forever Autumn
  9. Lots To Do - Autumnal Colors
  10. Our Creative Corner - An Attitude of Gratitude
  11. Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle - Fall
  12. Crazy 4 Challenges - Square Card
  13. Play Date Cafe - Color Combo
  14. Hand Stamped Sentiments - Color Combo

41 comments:

Renkata said...

So gorgeous card dear Ann,
Love the sentiment and the image is amazing. I did bought it few weeks ago, but stil didn't used, not I really will.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful sweet image.
luv
Debby

Catherine said...

Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week Ann ! Your card is just gorgeous ! I love your papers and the image is really sweet ! Good luck ! SMiles from Catherine

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card Ann, gorgeous colours and details.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Lisa B said...

WOW! This card is stunning. I love all of the colors and the paper that you picked. You colored the image beautifully.

Thank you for sharing this with us over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.

Joanna K said...

What a gorgeous card Ann. The DPs are beautiful and the image is pure sweetness! Hugs, Joanna x

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful fall card Ann! Your coloring is so pretty, and the flower bunch is gorgeous addition tied together! :)

Tracey said...

This is absolutely beautiful Ann, I love that image & how the ribbon matches the papers perfectly :)

Have a great week!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shirl said...

Your bow looks adorable and that image is just too cute .... another on the wanted list + the papers. 10 out of 10.
Hugs Shirley x x

Maria said...

Wow...fabulous image with great coloring!!! Also, love how you put the small roses in a bouquet at the side...so pretty! Truly a very sweet lovely card!

Peggy said...

This card is so pretty. I love all the elements you used on it. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Ann. I love the girl on the pumpkin,and the bows look fab! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the play date cafe :)

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

Wow! What an amazing card Ann! Love the pattern papers you have layered but most of all is the sweet little image you used!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, what a wonderfully colored image! And it's an adorable one, too! Great job with the colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Faye said...

Wow! What a beautiful, vibrant autumn card. It's lovely. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. x

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute image, wonderful coloring. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Eva said...

What an adorable image!! And your coloring is absolutely gorgeous!

Davi said...

Sweet image, great coloring and love the dps and embellies. Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week. :)

Linda said...

Oh so sweet, I love the image. Very cute! Thanks for joining us at SSDS with your adorable card.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card Ann!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful design and lovely papers and image. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Jaqi said...

Stunning card, what fabulous papers and the image is divine. Those flowers look fab too. I have loads of those and I can never get them to look right , these are great.

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love the image and the autumn colours. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Genny said...

I love how you combined all the different patterned papers and how you colored the image. Beautiful! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Carrie said...

Stunning hunni..My fave set of papers and such a wonderful image!! Thanks for playing at CES xxx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisabee) said...

Oooh...if this was Facebook, I'd lick Like! LOL! This card is gorgeous and I adore that Sparkle stamp! I'm going to have to add it my collection when I have some $$ because it's totally my style!

Gorgeous colors!

♥ Lisa

Kristen said...

Super cute card. I love your technique! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Kim said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the colors patterned papers. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

MrsK said...

Hey Ann!

I just love everything about your card its sooo beautiful! xx

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous, love all those papers super layering. Love your card and the wonderful warm autumn colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Lots to do this week. xx Zoe

Elisa said...

An absolutely gorgeous card.Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges.Elisa.x

Lauretta See said...

Beautiful card Ann ;) Thank you for joining us this week on the MELJENS challenge. Good Luck!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh Anne this is just precious and your coloring is PERFECT! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood Challenge and we hope to see you again next challenge!!

Laurel said...

Oh my this is gorgeous!

Kim Y. said...

This is so gorgeous! I lov ethe colors on this one!

crafty creations said...

What a stunning piece of artwork - beautiful colouring

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda

Julie - Kewlstamps said...

Very Pretty, thanks for playing along at OCC.
Hugs, Julie

Tameko said...

Ann, another stunning design. Love the colors, flowers, ribbon....Ok all of it!

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Ann, so very pretty. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairexx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving card, Ann. That image is adorable and your coloring is stellar, as always. Love the upcoming sentiments too. Thanks for always providing us with something wonderful each week! So happy you were able to join our celebration of gratitude this week at Our Creative Corner.

Nicole said...

Ann, your card is awesome (of course)! I can't wait to get those pyrus papers, I just ordered them! Love your image and your coloring is amazing as usual! Thanks so sharing it with us at Meljen's Designs! nicole