I've also used Whimsy stamps from the October release. The first one is uses the image "Santa's Midnight Snack" from Crissy Armstrong along with the Holiday Ticket Sentiments. Oh, and I've finally had a chance to use the Whimsy Stamps Ticket Die! Look how cleanly it cuts! I tried doing the whole "dramatic shadows" coloring thing with lots of white space again. Again, I'm still trying to figure out where the highlights are supposed to go. Does anyone have any tips?? I created the snowflakes from Shapeabilities Create a Flake 1 and Create a Flake 2 dies and added some pale pink pearls in the middle.
The second card also uses one of Crissy's beautiful drawings from the Vintage Christmas set. The poinsettia image goes so well with the Very Merry papers because, well, we used the poinsettia image to make those papers! Crissy gorgeously colored them and I arranged them. Of course, my coloring is not as great as Crissy, and I managed to NOT match the poinsettia color with the paper color, but if you do it right, your papers should exactly match the image :) Sorry for the blurry picture - I just couldn't get it right and it kept coming out the same way!
By the way, speaking of Crissy, make sure to stop by her Sundays with Crissy Challenge Blog to enter her monthly challenges! She always has a great prize up for grabs, an Artist Choice button for you to win, and also some GREAT inspiration for her super talented DT. Make sure you check it out!
Hope you had a good weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Santa's Midnight Snack, Holiday Ticket Sentiments and Vintage Christmas
Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush
Paper: Whimsy Stamps Designer Papers from the Holiday Folly pack and Very Merry pack
Accessories: pale pink pearls, lace, flowers from WOC, snowflakes from Shapeabilities Create a Flake 1 and Create a Flake 2 dies
Tools: Cuttlebug, Whimsy Stamps Ticket Die, Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper Cutter, ATG adhesive gun
These cards are for a few challenges:
- A Spoon Full of Sugar - Snow and Snowflakes - first card
- The Paper Players - Color Combo - second card
- Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
- Simple Doodles - Lace and Pearls - first card
- If the Shoe Fits - Do it Yourself - made my own snowflakes!
- Crazy 4 Challenges - Christmas
- Sweet Stampin' - Snowflakes - first card
- Totally Gorjuss - Traditional Christmas Colors - second card
- Mark's Finest Papers - Snowflakes - first card
- Creative Inspiration - Christmas/Winter
- I Did It Creations - Traditional Christmas Colors - second card
- Keep it Simple - Wonderland - first card