Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sammy with Licorice

I'm back for a second time today!

Have I told you all yet how much I love the weekends? I get to craft and relax, even though this weekend I did take some work home.  I hate taking work home, but sometimes it takes off some stress during the weekdays so I'm willing to do it here and there.  Anywho, I know no one wants to hear about work on a Saturday :)

I have to a card to share for you using the adorable Whiff of Joy image called Sammy with Licorice.  This image was illustrated by Alison Acton and is currently available at the 7 Kids College Fund store HERE.  The Christmas sentiment is also from Whiff of Joy's Season's Greetings sentiment set, which is also available at 7 Kids HERE.  The image was colored with my trusty Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush.  I used Stickles on Sammy's hat.

I broke out my poor, neglected Fiskars Leave it to Weaver Border Punch for this card.  I don't know why I don't use this border punch more often because I really do adore threading ribbon and the effect that it gives.  It just gives it that "I took time to make this" look, don't you think?

For this card I've used lots of Whimsy Stamps papers from the Holiday Folly pack as well as the NEW Whimsy Stamps "Winter's Jewel" snowflake die.  Although it's only one die, you can layer it by cutting it a certain way, like I have on this card :)

Stamps: Whiff of Joy Sammy with Licorice and Season's Greetings sentiment set
Paper: Whimsy Stamps Holiday Folly 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: Whimsy Stamps "Winter's Jewel" snowflake die, dies from Spellbinders Shapeabilities Doodle Parts
Tools:   Cuttlebug, Whiff of Joy Season's Greetings Die, Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper CutterATG adhesive gun

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. wee Memories - Put a little Pink
  2. Paper Sundaes - Pick Your Toppings - I've picked ribbon, punches, and the color blue!
  3. Pollycraft - Glittery Christmas
  4. Stamp with Fun - Square
  5. Critter Sketch Challenge - Texture
  6. Stamps R Us - Sparkles and Scallops
  7. City Crafters - Little Children
  8. Simon Says - Sparkle
  9. Crafts and Me - Glitter
  10. Delightful Challenges - Baby It's Cold Outside
  11. Paper Play - Let it Snow
  12. Charisma Cardz - Babies
  13. Meljen's - Christmas
  14. Scrappy Frogs - Christmas
  15. Stampin' B's - Snowflakes
  16. Stampin' for the Weekend - Winter
  17. Fussy and Fancy Challenges - Christmas with No Red or Green
  18. Totally Paper Crafts - Snow and Snowflakes
  19. If the Shoe Fits - Shine
  20. Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle - No Flowers
  21. Totally Gorjuss - Not So Traditional - I hope pink and blue qualifies!
  22. 2 Sisters - Snowflakes
  23. Whiff of Joy - Sketch - Gorgeous sketch!!

30 comments:

Debra said...

Ann, this card is STUNNING! The image is adorable! TFS

Denise said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love how you colored the cute little image and the colors rock!

Anne H. said...

WOW - your card is stunning!
An adorable image, lovely details and I love the colorcombo. Great take on the sketch.
Thanks for joining us at WOJ-challenges.
Anne.

Crystal said...

This is super adorable! I love that punch and will definitely look to find it! Love the design paper too.

Only By His Grace said...

What a gorgeous card Anne.
Your coloring is beautiful.
Hgus Maz

Diane said...

A very different Christmas card - wonderful!
Diane x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!

Ros said...

What a beautiful card ... love the image and the colours thanks so much for sharing with us at CCCB

Renkata said...

wow Ann, the colours combo is so sweet and lovely. DP is amazing.

jackiescrafts said...

Awww what a cute card, I love the colours you have used

Hugs Jackie x

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

You are very good with the re inker coloring! I love how you create perfect shading with them! what a cute image and I agree the ribbon weaving is a special touch!

Andrea said...

Great card - wonderful color and motiv. Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Riet said...

So wonderful card Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

*Vicki* said...

Hi Ann!! This sure is gorgeous!! I adore the colors and the image looks fabby with these yummy papers!!HUGS

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a cute image, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Cec said...

Super card. I love that border punch with the ribbon threaded through it. The colouring of your image is terrific. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Benzi said...

What a darling creation! I love the image and I guess you don't use the ribbon border punch for the same reason I don't. Somehow, just never get around to it. But, it did make for a wonderful addition to your card. Love the snowflake and your awesome dp.

Gemma said...

a really beautiful christmas card! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at over at Charisma! Gemma :)

marsha said...

Just yummy! Love the image and gorgeous DP! Thanks for joining us for this week's Critter Sketch Challenge and we hope you will come back and play again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
CSCB-DT

Heather Maria said...

Oh this is such an adorable card! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

Cheryl Nelson said...

perfectly darling! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Gunn (Merete) said...

Oh, is this cute or is it cute. Love it and I really like the colors on this one.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Simone said...

This is so adorable! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wee Memories :)

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card & such a sweet, sweet image. Your choice of colour & paper is perfect for the card.
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.
http://www.onestampingfool.blogspot.com/

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous. Just love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

Lauretta See said...

such a fun card.. love your color combo ;) great job! Thank you for joining us this week on the MelJens challenge. Good Luck!

Colleen said...

So cute and I love how you threaded the ribbon:) Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenges!

Tracey said...

this is just soooo cute!!! Thanks for joining us this week at If the Shoe fits...SCRAP IT!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Ann :-) The image is just soo cute !! perfect as always !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

yvonne said...

What a cute little image!
Love your card
Thanks for joining us at SFTW
Yvonne