Saturday, November 13, 2010

Please be gentle....

This is my attempt at trying to color the way you're supposed to color when you use Distress Reinkers.  I'm not saying I succeeded, but I did try : /

I've always admired the coloring of Camilla and Hanna, but I've never really been able to achieve the dramatic effects that they do when they color.  I'm just in awe at the deep shadows they have on their images - they're stunning!  Make sure to visit their blog if you have time.  You won't regret it.

Oh...and did you notice the gorgeous papers on my card??  Yes, you guessed it - they're the Whimsy Stamps Designer Papers from the Holiday Folly pack that released on November 10th!  They arrived so quickly, which is great, because I was eager to make something with them. 

Speaking of new things, this is also the first time that I'm using my brand spankin' new Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper Cutter.  This cutter is awesome!! It's so great that it's currently sold out right now at 7 Kids College Fund, but make sure you keep checking back.

I made an nontraditional pink Christmas cards with my fresh-out-of-the-post-office Magnolia Angel Tilda stamp from 7 Kids College Fund.  This stamp is currently a pre-order that's expected to ship mid-November.  Speaking of Magnolia Stamps, have you been able to browse through the Merry Little Christmas Collection yet?  I think this is my favorite collection to date.  There are so many wonderful stamps to choose from! 

I stamped a "border" around the stamp using a flourish from one of my Whimsy sets (I don't know which one, sorry!).  I added in a cluster of flowers from WOC at one corner and some pearls on the other. I also tried to add in some highlight lines using the Inkssentials Opaque White Pen from Ranger, but I'm still trying to figure out where they're supposed to go : /

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic weekend :)

Stamps: Magnolia Stamps Angel Tilda; Whimsy Stamps
Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush 
Paper: Whimsy Stamps Designer Papers from the Holiday Folly pack
Accessories: pale pink pearls, lace, flowers from WOC
Tools: Tonic 12x12 Guillotine Paper CutterATG adhesive gun

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Creative Inspirations - Pink Christmas
  2. No Time To Stamp - Nontraditional Christmas Colors
  3. wee Memories - Patterned Paper
  4. CES Challenge - Think Pink
  5. Ellephantastic Challenge - Butterfly or Christmas
  6. Papertake Weekly - Sketch
  7. I Did It Creations - Mix It Up - Pink for Christmas

32 comments:

Penni said...

Wow I think you've done a great job. Tilda looks beautiful.

Hugs
Penni
X

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Jeanet said...

I thing your coloring with distress ink is GREAT, love this card in pink!

mudmaven said...

Oh my Ann - she's just gorgeous! You did a fantastic job coloring her. All of the wonderful details of this card make it truly something special! ~chris

Debra said...

Ann wonderful job on coloring! This card is amazing..so..you can color with distress ink LOL I am still a novice! Your project looks fantastic I have to stick to my prismacolor pencils for now LOL baby steps

Jill said...

ONG Ann what a fabulous card, as always your colouring is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Ellephantastic this week and hope to see you again next time. Jill

Kylie said...

Absolutely stunning! Your watercolouring is amazing! A truly beautiful card Ann :)
Hugs
Kylie

cardmaking bird said...

Ann - this is beautiful. You really have done an amazing job! Marie x

Dorcas said...

Ann, you did an AWESOME job!!

Jeanette said...

This is so beautiful. Very nice coloring. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Tracey said...

WOW!! This is beautiful Ann! Gorgeous colouring!!

Mona Evy said...

Beautiful card! Your colouring is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge!

Diane said...

Wow, Ann! I'd be so proud if my first attempt were anywhere near this good! The whole card is stunning!
Diane x

Silvie Z said...

Ann, you call this an attempt? :-) This is perfectly colored, you did an amazing job! Love the new Whimsy papers and those pink flowers are gorgeous!!! Beautiful card!
Hugs,
Silvie

Simone said...

This is gorgeous! Love all the pink! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories :)

Renkata said...

Well I think you have done it Ann.
Sensational card dear.
And the colouring wow !

NGCARDS said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with our Pink Christmas theme over at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

Mary Lou said...

Anne this is amazing~~Job well done!! We are always way to analitical of our own work~~But you get TOP Notch from me :)
Love It all--cool papers
Hugz

Deb said...

beautiful card Ann, your colouring is just fabulous! So love these new Whimsy papers too! i have been using them like crazy since they arrived, I am almost out! hugs Debx

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, this looks fabulous! I never would have guessed you were experimenting with a new colouring technique. Lovely card.

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card Ann, your colouring looks fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Kim Y. said...

This sure is one gorgeous card, Ann!

I am going to CHA! See you there!!!

Thistleblue said...

Hi Ann, stunning card! I love how you've coloured the cute angel tilda and the flowers are very sweet! Thanks for taking part in this fortnights Ellephantastic challenge.
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
x

Vanja said...

Stunning card, Ann! Fantastic paper and colouring. I love the lace.

Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges. :)

hugs, Vanja

Ann said...

What a darling image...and so beautifully colored! Thanks for playing with us Wee Memories girls!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories! :)

Michelle Singer said...

Stunning card. I love the image and coloring. Thank you so much for taking to time to enter it in our challenge. I hope to see you enter our next challenge at Creative Inspirations.
Hugz xxx
Michelle

Crystal said...

Wow, this is fabulous! I've yet to try colouring with this technique but this is stunning! love the flowers & papers too :)

xGemmax said...

Wowwww absolutely stunning....beautifully coloured image and such beautiful papers :o)
hugs and xxx

Vicky said...

This is totally gorgeous & I think you have done an awesome job with the re-inkers...its stunning!!
Thank you for joining us at CES Challenges this week, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

Mandy said...

Stunning card Anne, so sweet and pretty and your colouring looks amazing
hugs Mandy xx

Ellephantastic Cards and Crafts said...

What a lovely card thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic. Your colouring is beautiful. Best of luck. Hugs x