Sunday, November 7, 2010

LOTV Party Pup - Christmas Card

Hello again!

I had some time this weekend to break out some of my stamps that have just been begging to be inked up and one of the cuties I picked up was this puppy called Party Pup - Christmas Card from Lili of the Valley. I just love LOTV stamps!  They are so adorable and I think this puppy can be used for more than just Christmas Cards.  Actually, I'll probably be using this card as a birthday card for a guy.  I know, there's flowers, but I think the colors kind of make it a little bit more manly and the flowers are okay, right? 

The image was colored using my Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush.  I used papers from the BasicGrey Max and Whiskers 6x6 Paper Pad which go perfectly with this image.  I used a sentiment from Whimsy Stamps and punched it out using the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Tags die cut.  I used sheer organza ribbon and threaded it through the tag.  I really don't get to use these tags enough, which is a shame because they're great!  The flowers are from WOC and so are the leaves.

Stamps: Lili of the Vally - Party Pup: Christmas Card
Coloring Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush 
Paper: BasicGrey Max and Whiskers 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: WOC flowers and leaves, ribbon
ToolsCuttlebug, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Tags, Making Memories Paper TrimmerATG adhesive gun

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. BasicGrey Challenges - Sketch
  2. Papertake Weekly - For Guy
  3. Daring Cardmakers - Topaz
  4. Drunken Stampers - Punch Me
  5. Sweet Stampin' - Inspiration Photo

10 comments:

Angela said...

Oh what a cutie!! Beautiful card, Ann. Love your coloring and the sweet image. I do love LOTV stamps too! hugs, Angela

sallysbitz said...

Wot a cute card.
I agree with you, it can be used all year round xx

Your colours and layout look fab x

*Vicki* said...

AWWWW!! I ADORE this Ann!! That image is too cute!! Fabulous details on your creation sweetie!! :) HUGS

Marjon said...

What a sweety.love the image and the matching papers.

Grtzz Marjon

Lynda said...

Beautiful card - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Crafty Lou said...

Hi!Ann your card is just so lovely,perfect with the BG papers and just such a cutie the LOTV image(love too how you have coloured him)
Thank you for joining our BasicGrey challenge,hugs Lou and the BG Design Team.xx

Dawny P said...

Fabulous card chick and a great image - perfect for a man card :) Thanks for joining us this week over at Papertake Weekly, hugs, Dawny xxx

Saskia said...

So cute!!! Great card!

Lovely to see your work at Daring Cardmakers! Thanks for joining us!

Sweet greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

Abi said...

That pup is just gorgeous & I love your colouring of him. Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

Vicky said...

Fabulous card love the papers & the image is sooooo cute.
Thankyou for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx