Wednesday, October 13, 2010

7 Kids College Fund Challenge: Layers and Flowers!

Hello everyone!  Hope you're all having a good middle of the week :)

Today we have a new challenge over at the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog!  It's an easy one so I hope you'll join us this week.  We're asking you to create something with lots of layers and lots of flowers!  For my card, at the thickest part, I have about 12 layers.  The sketch over at the Whiff of Joy Challenge made this an easy card to put lots of layers on :)

On my card, I've used the super cute Whiff of Joy Stamp called Henry Mouse with Cup of Cocoa.   The sentiment stamp is from the new Whiff of Joy Christmas Sentiments using the Fancy Shape die.  I did lots of distressing using the my Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool and the Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pad.  All the papers on this card are from the BasicGrey Pyrus 6x6 Paper Pad.  I really didn't think I'd be using these papers for a Christmas card, but I think it worked out pretty well!  The image was colored using Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush.  The border punch is the Martha Stewart Scallop Dot Edge punch.

You can pick up most of the supplies I've used at the 7 Kids College Fund Store.  You already know that Tab has the best prices, great customer service, and super fast shipping.  Not to mention, you get free shipping if you order over $75!

Stamp: Whiff of Joy Henry Mouse with Cup of Cocoa
Coloring Medium: Distress Reinkers with Small Koi Water Brush
Paper: BasicGrey Pyrus 6x6 Paper Pad
Accessories: Prima flowers, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
Tools: Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool, Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pad, Martha Stewart Scallop Dot Edge, Making Memories Paper TrimmerATG adhesive gun

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Whiff of Joy Challenge - Sketch
  2. Curtain Call - Color challenge
  3. Stamp Something - Something punchy
  4. Secret Crafter - Distressing
  5. A Spoon Full of Sugar - Winter Wonderland
  6. Papertake Weekly - 3 of a kind (3 flower clusters)
  7. Tuesday Throwdown - 3 of Something (3 flower clusters)

22 comments:

Juls said...

just so so gorgeous!!! I do love this image, and all the soft colours are just fabulous!!!! Hugs Juls

Renkata said...

So cute and lovely. Great sentiment.

Manuela said...

Gorgeous card! ♥ Super sweet image and great sentiment.

Hugs,
ⓂⒶⓃⓊⒺⓁⒶ

downrightcrafty said...

oh I just adore Henry and this is one of those stamps that I keep meaning to buy but always evades me, love the colours and the distressing is just perfect for the challenge at SCSC
Hugs Kate
SCSC GDT

Dotty Jo said...

How gorgeous, what a great card! Jo x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love Henry Mouse. He is just darling as is your card!! Gorgeous layout and design!! Awesome coloring Ann!!

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

super adorable, great details...have a fabulous day!

enjoy *~*

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute card! Love that image. Great flower embellishments and great use of the colors. Thank you for playing with us Curtain Call. :o)

debby4000 said...

Oh Henry Mouse is adorable, fabulous card Ann.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Kruemel said...

You´re card is just amazing! Love the soft colors, of course the sweet image and your georgeous coloring!

Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at Whiff Of Joy Challenge!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Lisa Summerhays said...

Oh Ann, I love, love, love your card. Fabulous distressing and great colors. You've got some mad skills girl!

Christina said...

This is such an adorable image! I love the Pyrus collection, and I think it works perfectly for this holiday card! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call this week!

Louise said...

Hi :)

This is just adorable! :) I love the colours you´ve chosen and you coloured Henri just perfectly :)

A huge thank you for joining us at WOJ Challenges

Casper said...

Hiya Ann, how are you?

I am Casper,pleased to meet you!

I have just discovered your blog,what a loveley design.

Your cards are beautiful & the little mouse is sooo cute!Very professional. The mouse as with any animal can be a bit time consuming getting the right tones but wow what a card & 12 layers!

Fantastic card!


Take care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hi Ann,

A friend told me that I had won a stamp in the blog hop, but I can't seem to find that post or your email address. Hopefully it's not too late to claim it. You can email the details to me at thefunkiejunkie@gmail.com.

Thanks and hugs,
Linda

Cheryl said...

Ann, this is so cute! I love your card and this cute image.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These WOJ mice are my fave! I need this image! Too cute and your coloring and layout are fab Ann!!
hugs,
Chris

Deb Mitchell said...

WOOZERS!!!! Oh Ann, this card is just breathtaking un, I love the colours & what a lil cute stamp too!:)

Hugz

Deb

Deb said...

wow, this is so gorgeous Ann, such a sweet image and those papers are fabulous and so perfect! have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Crystal said...

AWWWW Anne I LOVE this cutie, love love these papers and the way you colored your adorable image!!! Wonderful!!!