Friday, September 10, 2010

Paper Maniac One Year Celebration!

Welcome to the Paper Maniac One Year Celebration!

If you've arrived here from Amy Hill's blog, then you're on the right track.  If not, please visit the Paper Maniac Store Blog to make sure you haven't missed anyone along the way.

Today we are hosting a celebration in honor of Paper Maniac's one year birthday!  I was on the first Paper Maniac DT and Patti invited me on board to join in on the festivities.  I'm honored to be joining my previous DT members, even if it's just for a blog hop :)

The theme for this blog hop is CELEBRATE!  I'm sharing with you a card and a 3x3 note card box (SCS tutorial here) that I created using some GORGEOUS (I absolutely fell in love with these) October Afternoon papers from The Thrift Shop and Fly a Kite pads. The Fly a Kite paper pad is currently out of stock, but it will be back on the shelves in about two weeks time to keep checking the October Afternoon section.  I created some fun pinwheels for this project which were really easy to do.  The papers aren't double sided - I just glued one on the back of the other :)

Sentiment (on card): from Whimsy Stamps Party Pony
Paper: October Afternoon The Thrift Shop and Fly a Kite
Accessories/tools: BasicGrey brads, rhinestones, Spellbinders die, lace

Prize Info!
Now, I know you also want to know about the prizes up for grabs! There are A LOT of prizes to be won.  First, there's the mega, deluxe, ultimate prize that includes such things as stamps from Flourishes, Unity, and JustRite, to name a few.  There are also various papers in the prize as well as embellishments and even a Shapeabilities set!  To win this prize, leave a comment on each of the participating blogs by Sunday evening. (Random drawing will be held on Sunday night, September 12, 8:00 PM central).  There are also other various prizes such as a Friend Prize and a Wish List prize. ALSO, all purchases between September 10 and September 15 will have a gift included – may be papers, stamps and/or embellishments.  So even if you don't win a prize, you can still get something for free if you go shopping :)  All details about the prizes will be posted on the store blog and on the store homepage.

Well, that's all for me today. I hope you enjoyed your stop here!  Your next stop is Rachel Walters' blog.  Make sure you head over there to see her wonderful creation :)

This card is for the following challenges:
  1. Creative Cottage - Celebrations
  2. Fab n' Funky Challenge - Anything Goes
  3. Charisma Cardz - Try Something New (pinwheels)

80 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh WOOOWEEE Ann what a fun fun set!!! I LOVE how you made those pinwheels and this October Afternoon paper is just FABULOUS!!!! GORGEOUS Bday set girl!

Marley said...

Really really really awesome Ann!! I love the pinweels you made and like you I totally felt in love with those design papers!! thanks for this great bloghop! Going to the next stop right now. Hugs Marley

mom2tayandbay said...

WOW! I absolutely adore your projects. I love blue and yellow together! The pinwheels are awesome. Gotta go add that paper to my wish list!

jennifer mitten said...

Wow - I love love love these - those pinwheels are adorable!

de said...

OMG these are just BEAUTIFUL! Love the DP and love the pinwheels! Truly amazing work!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Oh how I LOOOOVE that Thrift Shop DP! FANTASTIC pinwheels!

MrsK said...

Wow Ann these are amazing i love them!! hugz xx

Scrapaddict said...

Beautiful, just beautiful!

StampinCathy said...

Love this gift set. Those pin wheels are adorable and love the colors.

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

What a stunning card and box!

Natalie said...

That is "drop the jaw" fantastic!! Love it!! Adorable pin wheels!

Jacqueline said...

Wow! Stunning!! :D

Ceal said...

cute cute cute! love the pinwheels! Thanks for joining us Ann!

Cassie said...

This is fantastic!!!
LOVE the pinwheels...October Afternoon is one of my favorite companies.
You should link up to ScrapGal...They are having an October Afternoon contest!!!
=)

Erika Valdez said...

WOW! These are soo fun and the colors are beautiful!! I love it!

silvia said...

Fabulous pinwheels!! LOVE your card and box!!

stefeni said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Court said...

Oh Heavens! These projects are just darling! LOVE them! Well done!

Emily Keaton said...

Wow!! This is amazing. I just LOVE those colors and the pinwheels are super fun--very impressive and eye-catching. Lovely work :)

Erika M. said...

Too cute - I just adore pinwheels!

Rona said...

super cute pinwheels!!

Riet said...

So beautiful card and box Ann,I love your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lillian Child said...

WOW - again ... WOW !!! These papers make the prettiest pinwheels I've seen ... I can see why you fell in love with this design. I'm going to put this paper on my wish list. Thanks so much for sharing. GREAT projects!

JazzyH said...

Love the pinwheels.

Diane Jaquay said...

These pinwheels are fabulous! Love the card and the box, so fun!!!

Deb said...

stunning card and box, such a fantastic idea and those papers are just perfect! have a great weekend, hugs Debx

jennyplace2 said...

Love your colours, so nice and bright and summery.

Linda said...

Love the pinwheels and the colors are lovely.

Tonya said...

I love the pinwheels and the gift box is so cute!

alwayscharlie said...

What fabulously fun projects!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this set!!

Sandy Bayles said...

Thanks for a great blog hop... I love the pinwheels.......Good luck to everyone.....
E-Mail: davidbayles@sprintmail.com

too said...

Love the pinwheels, how adorable

Gwen said...

LOVE these pinwheels, the brad in the middle is perfect!

Patti B said...

I love the pinwheels what a fun card. Have to borrow this idea for sure.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow Ann what an amazing gift set just amazing!!!!

Jennybean said...

The pinwheels are gorgeous!

marilyn said...

LOVE your wonderful pinwheel card and box--CUTE!!!

Tammy said...

In love with these pinwheels! Really!

Christine said...

What a beautiful set from my favorite paper line! I have the 8x8 stack, the 12x12 craft pack and I'll be ordering some more with my next order!!! Love your pinwheels!!!

xx

Lynn B. said...

What a cute set! The pinwheels are great, very festive.

Carol said...

I love the pinwheel effect. Wow! That paper makes beautiful items. Happy Birthday Paper maniac

aremus said...

So super cute. I love the pinwheels.

amanda r

Tracey said...

Love the color combination in the pinwheels.

Kim Wilson said...

I cant believe how amazing the projects are on this hop! Wow girl!!! I LOVE this :) I have got to learn how to make pinwheels now lol!

- - Sheryl - - said...

what a fun project - box and pinwheel cards - love the paper.

kathy e said...

I love, love, love pinwheels--and your projects are awesome! Plus you used my very favorite paper packs!!

Patti said...

Oh, Ann, this is STUNNING! The set is gorgeous and I adore the pinwheels. What a standout. I am so glad you hopped along with us today and it is good to have you back, even if only for a day.

Renkata said...

Such a joyfil card and box.

Melissa said...

What FUN! Love the colors too!

Carrie said...

LOVE your projects! Thank you for sharing!

Nicole Maki said...

Those pin wheels are too adorable. What a great card - all the elements work together perfectly.

TN Granny said...

Wow, wow, wow what a beautiful set I love the pinwheels and think I need to check out making some.
God Bless,
Jeanine

~amy~ said...

:::swoon::: pinwheel heaven...

littlen said...

Wow! I love the pinwheels. How clever and cute. TFS.

daisydilly (vicki) said...

Love these adorable pinwheels!!! Super cute projects

FibreJunky said...

I absolutely love your little pinwheels! The box is adorable and the card is super sweet!

Kimme said...

Cute cute! I love the pin wheels.

miislucky said...

Love both the box and the card!!! The paper is really nice! I'll keep a lookout for more of it!

Patty said...

Love the pinwheels and boy, you could have fooled me that the paper wasn't double sided! Very unique idea!

KellyS said...

Has a vintage quality I adore! How cute. tfs.

KellyS said...

Has a vintage quality I adore! How cute. tfs.

jmahugger said...

FABULOUS!!! Love the paper & pinwheels, so darling!!!

Jenny said...

Wow wow wow!! I just love those pin wheels. Such pretty paper too :)

Karen said...

Pretty colors and love those pinwheels!

Dawn said...

Those papers are just so yummy! What fun ideas, and so cute.

Lindsay said...

Wow Ann! The paper combo on these is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
Lindsay
lindsaykay2@gmail.com

Heather D. said...

Could those pinhweels be ANY CUTER?!

Amy said...

♥♥♥♥ your pinwheels!! Such a sweet whimsical gift set!!

Scrapcollectr said...

These projects are pinwheel precious! TFS
=D

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

these are fantastic!!!

Rachel said...

Cute pinwheels! Love the DIY double sided DP too!

foursenuff said...

I just love pinwheels. You can definitely get the most out of double sided paper!! I had not thought to glue two together. Like that too!!!

djones said...

ADORABLE!!!! Love your colors and DP. The pinwheels are wonderful.

Smitha said...

Adorable pinwheels.. Beautiful colors too!!

Ann English said...

LOVE this set, Ann!!!

KarenB said...

WOW!!! Loving the pinwheels so much :)

Suzie McFloozy said...

Ann this is STUNNING - I love the colours and the great design - really wow x
Thanfos for joining us at the creative cottage challenge blog this week - hope you'll pop back and see us tomorrow for a new challenge x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Sue said...

Hi Ann
wow this is a stunning creation, gorgeous papers, beautiful gift for someone,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x