Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lil Miss Poppy

Hi everyone! I can't believe the week is almost over.  It's flown by so quickly!  And look, I actually made cards this week, lol.

Today I'm sharing with you my first card made with a Belles n' Whistles stamp.  Isn't Lil Miss Poppy so adorable?  I think I've gotten myself hooked on another stamp company, as if I need to feed my obsession even more.  I just couldn't resist, though; just look at this image!  She was so fun to color.  I paired her up with some of the new BasicGrey Oliver papers. Funny thing about these papers - you'd think that they were really boyish; well, some are, but some are also perfect for bright, girly cards just like the one I have below.  I found myself not being able to decide which papers to use. Here's a picture of the Oliver paper pad:


And here's my card:
Stamp: Belles and Whistles Lil Miss Poppy
Coloring Medium: Distress Reinkers with Medium Koi Water Brush
Paper: BasicGrey Oliver paper pad
Accessories: gemstones, Prima flowers, lace, raffia
Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Making Memories Paper TrimmerATG adhesive gun

This card is for the following challenges:
  1. Belles 'n Whistles - Lace and Frills 
  2. Paper Sundaes - At least 3 Different Embellishments - lace, flowers, rhinestones
  3. Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Stitching
  4. Stampin' Royalty - Stitching
  5. Card Patterns - Sketch #81

26 comments:

Patti said...

This is amazing... I can see why you are hooked :0)

Crystal said...

OMG she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! WOWWWEE Anne love it!!! Gorgeous card and I LOVE that paper!!!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, awesome coloring and that lace is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Shanda Stirk said...

I love that lace and the stitching around your card is really pretty. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty.

fi's cards and crafts said...

beautiful card and great embellishments...thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Mo said...

Dear Ann!
I love your card, everything fits so well together - just beautiful !!!
I have to use this little girl again too...
Hugs,
Mo

Mo said...

Dear Ann!
I love your card, everything fits so well together - just beautiful !!!
I have to use this little girl again too...
Hugs,
Mo

Marjon said...

Beautiful card,love this paper to.
Great embellies.

Grtzz Marjon

Marjon said...

Beautiful card,love this paper to.
Great embellies.

Grtzz Marjon

angelique (anlou) said...

your card is stunning hun
love all the details
hugs angelique

peggysue said...

You've done it, taken the little boy style papers and made a cute girly card. Looks wonderful, so much work with the embellishments. Thanks for coming alongside Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week!

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Beautiful! Love your color choices and composition! So feminine!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi Ann
your right the week has flown. Very pretty card, love the trimmings. janex

Renkata said...

Very sweet and adorable card!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Ann,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

NinaB said...

What a lovely card. Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns this week.

Nana said...

Beautiful card, Ann! Have i told you lately how much I love your coloring? :)
Thank you for playing with "Paper Sundaes" this week!
hugs Nana

Patti J said...

Anne, this is one gorgeous card! I'm lovin' that darling image, and your lace is beautiful! Of course, your stitching just plain rocks! Thank you for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! Hope to see you back again next week!

Kim Y. said...

This is just too sweet, Ann!

Lilian said...

Wow Ann! Your card is just stunning! I love all your gorgeous details! Thanks for joining the Belles N Whistles Challenge!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wonderful card, Ann. The image is positively adorable and such a beautiful job on the coloring. I really love the red dotted DP along with that lace - positively yummy! Hope you are doing well.

Hugs,
Linda

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is darling Ann!! I so love your coloring, choice of dp and your stitching. Sweet image and the lace just finishes it off beautifully.
hugs,
Chris

France said...

OOOh that Lace is stunning... And the stitching just adds a wonderful effect. Great card !
Thanks for joining our challenge at Paper Sundaes !

Kathy said...

Oh this is so pretty!! Love the colors and your coloring is fabulous!! Such pretty details too!
Thanks so much for joining us at Belles and Whistles!
:)Kathy

Sandra Farrell said...

fabulous, delicate card. the lace adds a really nice touch. You've done a fabulous job with the stitching challenge over here at Stampin' Royalty.

Cami said...

Very sweet and pretty card, Ann! Love the shade of red with the pretty lace trim and ribbon, your coloring is always beautiful and the flowers add the perfect touch! Hugs, Cami