Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sentimental Sundays #18: Clean and Simple

Geez, I hope it's a little cooler where you are today!  It was hard to sit down in front of the computer today and type up this post and create the freebie for Sentimental Sundays, but of course I couldn't disappoint anyone.  It's a little late, but it's there :)

This week at Sentimental Sundays, we're challenging you to create something Clean and Simple.  It's very difficult for me to create CAS cards.  Sometimes, I try to go too simple and it just looks empty to me so I keep adding to it and then, it's just not CAS anymore!  Anywho, for this card I've let the beautiful Memory Box paper do most of the work.  I printed out a digital sentiment from the Whimsy Stamps Inspirational Sentiments set and added a butterfly as an accent.  You can see a tutorial on how I created the butterfly tutorial here.  My card looks a little crooked in this picture, but I think it's just the way I took the picture.  At least I hope, lol.

Make sure to join us this week for our newest challenge and to grab the freebie! You can see a preview of the freebie below, but you have to visit the blog to get the download link.

Hope you've had a good weekend!

Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Inspirational Sentiments
Paper: Memory Box
Accessories:  handmade butterfly with twin
Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Memories Paper TrimmerATG adhesive gun


Sentimental Sundays Freebie
Simplicity Sentiment Set
Click here to get the download link

7 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

A lovely CAS card

Hugs Jackie x

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous CAS card Ann. I love how you did the butterfly.

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful CAS card Ann! Love the DP, the sentiment, and that fun little butterfly! :)

E.T said...

this is sooo pretty Ann!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Ann.

Hugs Riet.xx

Ceal said...

Beautiful!

Stempeltiger said...

Such a beautiful card!
Many thanks for these gorgeous sentiments.
Hugs,
Swantje x