Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Present Helpers!

Time for a Whimsy Stamps creation!

There's been so much Whimsy digital stuff going on lately that I've been really starting to miss my Whimsy rubber stamps! Last night I finally inked one up again and here's the result.  I'm thinking of selling my Copics because I don't even remember the last time I used them.  I've been having too much fun using my distress reinkers to watercolor stamp images and honestly, it's costs so much less to use them.  Just think about it: each distress reinker bottle is only $3.59 at 7 Kids and with some water, you get all the lighter shades of that color; it becomes so easy to play with the lighting when you're coloring your image! Plus, you can mix colors to get the right one to match your papers and each bottle lasts for a very long time.

Anywho, here's my card using Very Present Helpers! These kitties were drawn by the talented (and so very sweet) Crissy Armstrong - aren't they just adorable?  I didn't like the way the ribbon was colored so I covered it up with Stickles, lol.  I think it turned out for the better :)

Stamp: Whimsy Stamps Very Present Helpers
Coloring Medium: Distress Reinkers
Paper: BasicGrey Max & Whiskers
Accessories: pearls, Stickles, buttons, hemp cord, ribbon
ToolsCuttlebug, Nestabilities Labels 5, Making Memories Paper TrimmerATG adhesive gun

Challenges for this card:

  1. CardPatterns - Sketch
  2. Cards and Things - Sketch
  3. Stampavie and More - Sparkling
  4. Little Red Wagon - Nestabilities
  5. Caardvarks - Birthday

22 comments:

Crystal said...

Hiya Ann okay I LOVE how you colored these kitties...this looks awesome and that dp def one of my favs!!!! Great card gf!

mudmaven said...

This is absolutely fantastic! I love what the stickles do for that ribbon too. Wonderful dp, great coloring job - all around awesome. What a great image. ~chris

Alicia a.k.a. Crafty Al said...

Ann, the coloring on the image is beautiful. I have never tried reinkers before, but I am definitely intrigued.

Tracey said...

I just love this image and this is such a gorgeous card card Ann!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, so cute. This is one of my favorite Whimsy images.

Carolyn Wolff said...

Wow, I love this. I am a cat lover and this is just so sweet. Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Anesha said...

Wow, the colouring is stunning and the image is just adorable!! Love it.

Renkata said...

OMG Ann, so funny.
Great how the paper match your image too.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Ann,

What a cutie!! Love what you wrote about the Distress. I am still in love with my Copics, but I love trying all techniques and you make sound the Distress coloring very attractive. I have two inkpads, but you use the refill bottles for the coloring, don't you? Well, I have to try it soon!!! Because your images look soooo lovely!! The paper you use with this card is so cute with it!!! Love it!

Hugs, Wendy

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, adorable image and thanks for the write up about colouring with distress inks - I'm going to try and play with mine later.

fairymadjo said...

wow that realy stunning

debby4000 said...

Such a gorgeous card Ann, sweet image.
luv
Debby

Nadell said...

Sweet card and your coloring of is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at SAM.

Hugs Nadell

Lori said...

Wow Ann, this is so fab! I love the background paper, those cats are hilarious, great card!

Riet said...

Beautiful Ann,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cheryl said...

This is soooo cute! Your coloring is fabulous. The papers compliment this cute image perfectly.

Annika said...

I know what you mean about selling your Copics and watercolouring being very versaile and fun. And I agree.
If only I could find a way to get my printer ink waterproof. Have tried EVERYTHING. Nope. Still bleeds. And out come Copics.
LOVE the card, gorgeous rich colours, so covet that pad but can NOT spend at the moment. :'((
Hugs
Annika

Heather Jensen said...

Girl, your coloring is amazing! Love your card. Thanks for entering in Card Patterns. :)

Rosanne said...

Very sweet card!Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

adoreable, wonderfully coloured image and great papers. janex

Valérie said...

wonderful card

thanks for joining us at SAM this week

Ann English said...

Cute, cute, CUTE-love the coloring! Whatever you are doing, keep on keeping on!