Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Magnolia Sunset

Hello again :)  Wow, my posting schedule has been really rocky these days.  I didn't even notice that I didn't post for a week and then, all of a sudden, three posts in one day!  Crazy few weeks lately :)

Today I'm sharing with you a card I made using two of the stamps released from the recent Magnolia Wedding Collection, which is currently available at 7 Kids College Fund.  I've used Tilda with Peony and the Wedding Background. I used a gate fold and used my Martha Stewart Scoring Board (which is HALF the price of a ScorPal, but produces much sharper lines) to score my lines.  Since this is a 5.5" square gate fold card, I scored along the length of the paper at 2.75" and 8.25".

I thought it would be fun to go with some bright, funky colors for these images so after I chose a few pieces of paper from my BasicGrey Kioshi pad, I gathered up my distress reinkers and got to work! It's super easy to match the inks to the paper colors because you can blend and mix the inks to get the perfect color. To distress the edges, I used my Tim Holtz Paper Distresser, which is a great value if you don't have one yet.  The reason why I say it's a great value is because the design of this paper distresser if very ergonomic.  There's a lot less stress on my fingers when I'm distressing the paper, as opposed to scissors or sand paper.  For those who have arthritis or pain, I highly recommend the Zutter Distrezz-It All because there's no strain on your fingers at all - the machine does all the distressing!  I used Stickles over the flowers and the water to give them some life :)  The dots on her cheeks were created using the Inkssentials Opaque White Pen.


I really love the versatility of these stamps because not only can you use them for wedding cards, but you also use them for summer cards, especially if you live by the beach like I do :)


Stamp: Magnolia Stamps Tilda with Peony and Wedding Background
Coloring Medium: Distress Reinkers
Paper: BasicGrey Kioshi
Accessories: flowers, ribbon, Stickles
Tools: Tim Holtz Paper DistresserMaking Memories Paper TrimmerATG adhesive gun, Inkssentials Opaque White Pen

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Delightful Challenges - Beach
  2. S2G Challenges - Summertime
  3. Daring Cardmakers - Sea
  4. Scrappy Frogs - Girlie Girl
  5. All Sorts - Summer Days
  6. Secret Crafter - Summer Holidays
  7. Our Creative Corner - Beach Layout
  8. KL Stampin' N Scrappin' - Ribbon
  9. The Shabby Tea Room - From the Garden
  10. CPS - Sketch

30 comments:

Anesha said...

Lovely colours! great card.

Marjon said...

What a beauty,love the colours and the papers you used.

Grtzz Marjon

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love it.
luv
Debby

Cec said...

Oh how cute is this. Tilda is having a destination wedding - a very in thing these days - lol. Beautiful colouring and lovely bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Lori said...

Oh wow Ann, I love the bright colours, she's gorgeous in purple, well any colour for that matter. But I love the rich colours you used!

Riet said...

So gogeous card Ann,i love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

Ann this looks AMAZING sweetie, your distressing is fabulous, the colors, image, everything is rockin girl!

Rhonda Miller said...

Beautiful.

Clare said...

I absolutely and unequivically LOVE your card, and the colors are beautiful together! Great job! I am now an avid follower! I hope you'll go to my blog and check me out too! queenteacuppapertreasures@blogspot.com

rosalien said...

Great card, love the stickles on your card. ;)
Thanks for joining DC.

Rosalien

Tracy V. said...

Gorgeous. How vibrant the colors are it reminds me of "batiking" I love it!

Tracy

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Ann
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card! love the details and your coloring, thanks for playing at S2G!

Diane Gilbert said...

Oh my goodness,this is ADORABLE! LOVE the bright colors and your coloring is absolutely fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

beadz said...

Ann, this card is gorgeous! Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges!
hugs,
Gini

PapierGirl said...

Ann this card is wonderful! I would love a lesson (or two) in coloring - yours is flawless! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Very cute card! Lovely coloring job on that fun stamped image and I adore the big bow and flowers. The sparkle on the water is wonderful, too. Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

Renkata said...

Very colourful and bright card. Just gorgeous. Love the scene which you created.

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Ann. I love the strong colours on this card!
Clairex

Mandy said...

What a super-fun card! Great job with the sketch!! :)

Debbie said...

Ann ... this is simply PRECIOUS! I {heart} those Tilda images!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

{Jane} said...

Very pretty

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Ann,

What a pretty summer card!! Love the warm colors you used to create the sunset feeling, very pretty! Like a lot the way the card opens! Beautiful ribbon with it, love it!!!

Hugs, Wendy

Debs said...

WOW this is gorgeous - stunning colouring.
Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Ann! LOVE the fun beach scene and your coloring and sparkle is beautiful!

Thanks for playing along with us over at the OCC!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Mo said...

Dear Ann,
I love your card, it's really gorgeous!
Happy you, that you life by the beach, it must be like vacation every day...??!!
Hugs,
Mo

Deb said...

Stunning!!! I love the colours.

Cheryl said...

Your card is just stunning! I love your fabulous coloring.

Angelwood said...

This is gorgeous! I love the bright colors! Wow! hugs, Angela

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Beautiful card, lovely colors, terrific sparkle and WOW your blending and shading of the colors is magnificent! Thanks for joining us at our last challenge at KL Stampin N Scrappin! :) Kelly