Monday, July 5, 2010

Fun in the Sun with Reading Willow

I'm back to share another card with you!  Yep, I'm really trying to get these cards done during my day off :)

This card uses two of the stamps from the Whiff of Joy Fun in the Sun June stamp kit.  I think the Willow stamp is called Reading Willow, but I'm not sure about that.  The sand castle stamp is also from the spring kit.  I'm not sure it would actually support Willow sitting on it, though : / In either case, they're still great images!  I used what little paper I had left from my Pink Paislee 365 Degrees paper pad (I love these papers) along with an assortment of flowers from my stash.

Stamp: Whiff of Joy Fun in the Sun Juene Stamp Kit
Coloring Medium: Distress Reinkers
Paper: Pink Paislee 365 Degrees
Accessories: pearls, ribbon, flowers
ToolsCuttlebug, Nestabilities, Embossing Folder (Tile Texture), Making Memories Paper TrimmerATG adhesive gun


This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Delightful Sketches - All About Summer
  2. KLS Challenges - Summer and the Beach
  3. Magical Crafts Challenges - Flower Power
  4. Secret Crafter - Water
  5. Allsorts Challenges - Create a Scene - I hope this counts! I used two stamps.  If not, thanks for looking anyway :)
  6. Dutch Dare - Flower Inspiration
  7. Oh-la-la Challenges - Simply Summer
  8. The Shabby Tea Room - Embossing
  9. Whiff of Joy Challenges - Sketch

26 comments:

Risa said...

Wow....I LOVE everything about your beautiful card! Your image is gorgeous and beautifully colored and your details are fab! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
hugs
Risa:)

Melanie-Jane said...

Hi Ann, what a pretty card. I love the way you coloured everything. This really makes me feel the summer days.
I finally could ad a watermark to my cards and also thanks to your video tutorial photscape.

Have a great Day :)
Hugs,
Melanie-Jane

Anesha said...

Another stunning card Ann! Your colouring is just wonderful.

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, great image and fabby papers.

angelique (anlou) said...

what a adorible card
just love it
hugs angelique

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, this is beautiful! I love that paper line, too, and you've worked it wonderfully here. I adore the detail of the layering, and your coloring job is fabulous on those fun stamps. She might crush the castle, but for now she looks amazing! ;) Thanks for sharing this with us in the Tea Room.

Debbie said...

Such a soft and pretty design for us in the Tea Room this week! Thanks for sharing :)

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fabulous card Ann , I love the images, coloured so brilliantly and the papers are lovely and bright. janex

Riet said...

Beautiful card Ann,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Ann, WOW I LOVE these colors!!!!

brenda said...

Hi Ann

What a lovely card, the image flowers right down to the curled wire.

Thank you for joining in my create a scene theme this week at Allsorts and good luck.

B x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Sketches,
Hugs Dianne xx

Mel X said...

Hello Ann, wowzers - this is one gorgeous card hun. Love the colour combi and papers. The image and sentiment is fab and I love at die cut shape too.

Oohh ok - I love the lot!!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Magicial Crafts and Secret Crafter. Good luck in the draws and I hope we see you again next time.

Mel X

Lisa said...

Me again...wow this is so cool! I love how you perched Willow on the sand castle. Gorgeous creation! Thanks again for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week!

Kim said...

WOW this is beautiful hun! Your image is so gorgeous! Love what you have done with my sketch and the added flowers are perfect! Thanks for joining us at the WOJ Challenge!
Hugs~ Kim

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

a perfect summer card!

Joanne Leddy said...

Very sweet card. Love the fact that she is reading!

Fleur said...

Fantastic card, gorgous colouring & I love your colour combo
Thanks so much for joining ALLSORTS this week
Hugz Fleur xXx

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for joining in the fun at DDCC!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card,I love the image and you've coloured her in so beautifully.

TaraG said...

WOW! What a beautiful summer card, Ann! I love the scene you crated with the June Kit images...this Willow is my fave right now. You've coloured her beautifully! Such gorgeous papers and I love the embossing!
Thanks so much for joining us at WOJ you did an amazing job with the sketch!
Hugs,t

Wendi said...

Sorry I have not had chance before now to visit your blog

Wow so so pretty I love everything about it
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
Wendi

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card. Such a great image and colors... the flowers are the perfect embellishments. Thanks for joining us at DDCC.

Joanna K said...

Ann, this card is soooo beautiful! Congratulations ;-))))

Jane said...

WOW! your papers and colours are perfect for this summer Willow! gorgeous card! thanks for joining us at Whiff of Joy, hugs, Jane xxx

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is beautiful, love your coloring!

Love challenges, then you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Hugs, Karen