Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Whiff of Joy: Another magically-inspired card

Wow, it feels like I haven't made a card in so long! Hah, actually it's only been a few days since I made a one. I guess this craft really is addicting, isn't it?

Today I'm sharing a creation with you made as a guest designer for Whiff of Joy.  This card uses images from the May Store Kit - Aladin (1001 Nights) illustrated by the talented Elisabeth Bell.  I just love coloring the WOJ images with my distress inks! Even though I was a little intimidated by the detail, I've grown to really appreciate them.

Oh yeah, and while you're at the Whiff of Joy store, you should check out the June Stamp Kit - Fun in the Sun.  It's also illustrated by Elisabeth Bell.  It's just a gorgeous kit and the sitting Willow image is just beautiful!

Medium: Distress Inks; Paper: BasicGrey Capella; Accessories/tools: Prima flowers, flowers from Wild Orchids, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, velvet ribbon, lace, Fiskars corner punch, rhinestones, Stickles

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Sketch and Stash - Sketch - My new stash is the velvet ribbon
  2. Stamp with Fun - Fairy Tales/Myths
  3. Lexi's Creations - Something Old - The little blue Prima flowers are at least a couple of years old!

17 comments:

Sylvia said...

beautiful as always, Ann! Love the blues and greens together and the background papers you used are gorgeous (especially the one in the rectangle.. I think I have to have this Capella paper, too.. you enabler! *lol*)
{hugs} Sylvia

Juls said...

wow just incredibly gorgeous! Love the rich colours, all your perfect finishing touches, and the glittery green scarf is just amazing!! Hugs Juls

Mo said...

Dear Ann!
Your card is beautiful, I love your coloration and the color combi...
Hugs,
Mo

Patti said...

Gorgeous.... elegant image!

Riet said...

Ohhhh wowwww Ann,So beautiful card,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Renkata said...

It's really fairy card. Great colouring and DP.

Cor* said...

OMG this is so gorgeous. I love love love your coloring! The shadows are so perfect! Stunning!

Lexi said...

ohhhh this is beautiful! I love the colours and those papers are gorgeous :D Thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Softpencil said...

Wow Ann! I love every detail on your card! It´s so beautiful!!!

Lori said...

Ann, it's breathtaking. The teal colour is so magical at the same time, wow I love it!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

this is gorgeous! I really need that stamp set!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Ann,

What a lovely image this is, the card looks magical, really nice!! Yes, the details in these stamps can be quite intimidating when you start the coloring, but it's also what makes them so beautiful and you colored this one amazing, love the stickles on her scarf!!
Very lovely!!

Hugs, Wendy

Cole said...

WOW! Your coloring is AMAZING Ann! Am now a follower!!! WOOHOO!

Cor* said...

Another gorjuss WOJ stamp! I love the DP so much, everything matches perfectly. Oh and that blue flower....."mwah" perfection.

Becky said...

Oh wow Ann, your card is so stunning! I love the hint of glitter especially!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!!
xx

Farida Rone said...

Great work!!! Love all the details and the colors you used.
Thanks for joining with us at Lexi's Creations.
Hugs,
Farida

Cheryl said...

Ooohhh, I love this. Beautiful coloring!