Sunday, April 25, 2010

ScrapbookPal.com Design Team Entry

Here's something a little different :)

I usually don't make many things without a colored image, but I just had to try out the Tissue Flower Tutorial at SCS. My tissue flower didn't turn out quite the same, but I think it still turned out okay.  This definitely will not be the last time I'll be making one of these!

I created this card for the ScrapbookPal.com design team call.  I've used a few things on this card that they already carry including Nestabilities Labels Nine (for the frame behind the tissue flower) as well as Nestabilities Dahlia (which I used to cut out the layers of the tissue flower).  I cut out at least 10 tissue layers of 3 Dahlia Nestie shapes, punched a hole in the middle using my Crop-a-dile, and stuck a BasicGrey brad in the middle.  I misted the tissue flower with a hint of Glimmer Mist (Pearl) then inked it up a bit using a few Distress Ink Pads (Mustard Seed and Dried Marigold).  The papers I used were from Pink Paislee 365 Degrees, which I cut out and layered and glued on using my Tombow Mono Dispenser and Permanent Refill.  The cotton trim and ribbon which wraps around some of the layers were oldies from my ribbon stash.  I also added some color to the charm using Smooch Siren.  Whew, I seem to already have a lot of the stuff that they carry :)

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Paper: Pink Paislee 365 Degrees; Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Labels Nine and Dahlia, trim, ribbon, charm, Smooch Siren, BasicGrey brad, paper piercer

This card is also for a few challenges:
  1. One Stop Craft - Metallic
  2. The Corrosive Challenge - Charms
  3. The Crafty Pad - Recycled - used tissue paper from a present :)
  4. Our Creative Corner - Blooming Blossoms
  5. Clearly I Stamp - Ribbon
  6. The Treehouse - Inspiration Photo - used the flower as inspiration
  7. Pals Paper Arts - Keep It Simple, Sweetie
  8. S2G's Twisted Thursday - Flowers
  9. Flourishes - Timeless Tuesday #63 Sketch

26 comments:

mudmaven said...

This is gorgeous Ann! Love your flower and the colors are so bright and cheery! Good luck on the dt call! ~chris

Jeannie said...

Great job! Thanks so much for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirley's 2 Girls!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Janet said...

such a pretty card! thanks for joining us at the corrosive challenge blog!
hugs

Tracey said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Ann!

Cassie said...

That is a very cool card! I rarely make things without a colored image either, but this is gorgeous! Glad you played along over at Clearly Inspired Challenges ;D

Katie said...

Great card Ann! And I love the brad in the center of the flower.
Thanks for playing in The Treehouse this week :)

Renkata said...

Good job. I love it.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! gorgeous!

Pat said...

Great card, super flower. Thanks for joining us at The Craty Pad.

Pat xx

Georgia Ehrmann said...

great job on the tissue flower ...especially for the first time! Very pretty card!

Virginia L. said...

Very unique and original! Lovely!!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors and design, Ann! Love the tissue flower design, too! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Dawn said...

Love this flower nd after looking at the TT you did a great job!

Love Dawn xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful card and love your flower. :) Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad. :)

xxDebbiexx

Cards by Gina said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Ann!! Just look at your dimension and texture!! Love your flower!!
hugs,
Chris

*Alison* said...

WOW!! this is truly STUNNING!!! I LOVE everything about this.. :) HUGS

Kristy said...

GORGEOUS Ann!!! WOWWZERS!

Alex said...

WOW! Ann, this is truly gorgeous, girl!!! I love it!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Roberta Laliberte said...

WOW! This is really neat Ann! I am going to have to try that myself. I love the way you added the color to the tissue. It is so delicate!

Ann English said...

Best of luck, Ann! Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Shirleys2Girls for Twisted Thursday!

Neva said...

Ann that flower is gorgeous, Thanks for playing along with the THT challenge and feel free to play along any time.

Deb said...

wow, this is stunning Ann, so love that tissue flower, it is the perfect centerpiece to this card! hugs debx

Lisa said...

Cute! Thank you for playing with Shirleys2Girls!

Cat said...

Just gorgeous! LOVE your flowers and lace! Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

Suzi said...

Stunning card, love the flower and t he lace. Thank you so much for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Hugs
Suzi x