Thursday, April 8, 2010

Look, no patterned papers!

Wow, can you believe it's almost the weekend?  Thank goodness :)

Today I have a quick card to share using Kraftin' Kimmie Captain Scurvy stamp I received from Deb.  I love the little accessory stamp that goes with it and the main images it just so fun to color.  I colored him using Distress Reinkers, but the other treasure boxes in the background has been colored with Copics.  In the picture, the boxes don't match too well, but when I was coloring them under my stupid light, they did, lol.  I think that the embossing folder was just the perfect pattern, too, and the distressing on the edges made it look so much better!  I should do this more often :)

I hope you're having a good week so far!

Image: Kraftin' Kimmie Captain Scurvy; Medium: Distress Inks and Copics; Paper: No DP, whoo hoo; Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, embossing folder, paper piercer

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Cute Card Thursday - Monochromatic - Mainly shades of brown, but some black.  Is that okay? If not, thanks for looking anyway :)
  2. The Corrosive Challenge - A Sketch
  3. Prairie Fairy Fridays - Texture - I embossed the brown cardstock
  4. All Sorts Challenge - No DP - This is always so hard for me to do!
  5. Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge - A Little Punchy
  6. Sweet Stampin' Challenge - It's a Man's World
  7. Crafty Cardmakers - A Challenging Challenge - It was a challenge NOT to use DP and come up with a way to make the card look interesting without pretty paper :)
  8. A Spoon Full of Sugar - One for the Boys
  9. Cards for Men - Male card + Humor

22 comments:

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Ann. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna xx

Patti said...

This looks great! So cute!

Debs said...

Fabulous card - the image is gorgeous.
Love the embossing and the distress inks. Thanks for taking on my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Faye said...

I think your card is so cute, I love it. Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome job you did without using designer paper Ann!! So cute!! Great manly card!! Great job on all those challenges too!
hugs,
Chris

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Ann! I love the Kraftin Kimmie images!

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love that background (I just bought that folder) Look at those challenges! You go girl!

Roberta Laliberte said...

Fantastic! Love the colors and layout. Your coloring is perfect too!


Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays this week!

xoxox

Queen La Rubba ~ Rachael Doxsee said...

Your card is just great! Love it! What a great stamp! Love the embosssed DP! GOT BOOTY? TOO CUTE! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Prairie Fairy Fun Friday‘s" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your incredibly gorgeous crafty works in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
I invite you to hop on over and enter in my candy give away!!

merniebug said...

Great job on all those challenges.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Ann, fabulous image love it. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyx

Debby said...

Fabulous! Thanks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge blog this week. Take care!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow ann! this is gorgeous! that dark paper with that fabulous shading is just gorgeous!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Wonderful! I love the EF...I hadn't thought of it for a pirate themed card but it was perfect!

Shirl said...

Wow... love the embossed paper! Guess it does show that a card can look just as stunning without a need for DP all the time! :)

Renkata said...

I like your card Ann, very well done!!!.

Bubbles said...

Wonderful card Ann, great image! Thanks for joining us at ASFoS.
Joannex

Kim Sonksen said...

How delightfully wicked :)

Melinda's Cut-N-Up Creations said...

Ann,
This was my first visit to your site/blog. I was so excited to have found it. Your work is just adorable as are you. I wanted to say how much I personally appreciate your generosity in giving the sentiments as freebies. Now I am off to your store and cannot wait to get there!
Melinda Perez
http://melindasart.blogspot.com

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

How AWESOME ann! If you hadn't of mentioned it, I would have sworn that was DP! But, now I see it b/c I have that embossing folder as well. How COOL is that??!!

Maria said...

WOW Ann! This is gorgeous and your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us over at A Spoon Full of Sugar. Hugs, Maria

Vixykins said...

Fab card Ann and yes no DP's is a real challenge for a lot of people! And mens cards too are really tough! Looks fab x


Thank You for challenging yourself at Crafty Cardmakers x