Saturday, April 3, 2010

Artful Saturdays - Cover it!

Aaah it's finally Saturday again!  I have no idea why, but this week has passed by very slowly.  Was it just me?

It's time again for another Artful INKable Saturday post!  Have you played along in our ThinkINK Challenge at the Artful Inkables Blog for this week yet?  It's another easy one: use any book or CD/album for inspiration.

For my inspiration, I've used this Ella Fitzgerald CD Box Set!  I love Ella Fitzgerald.  I have all her songs and I can listen to her all day.  In fact, I have listened to her all day.  When I wasn't working I would put her discography on and listen to it while I crafted.  Her voice is so relaxing and soothing that hours seemed like minutes.  Who doesn't love Ella?

I've used the new release set Peacock Pagentry and I used the colors on Ella's dress as well as the background colors.  The Peacock Pagentry background stamp was stamped using white ink.  Hard to see in the picture, but looks great in real life :)  This card fits the Purple and Turquoise Challenge at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge Blog and the Use Black Challenge at Doodle Palace.

Image: Artful INKables Peacock Pagentry; Accessories/tools: MS border punch, Cuttlebug, embossing folder, cherry blossoms from Wild Orchids



14 comments:

Patti said...

How gorgeous is this? Love your bouquet of flowers!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! this is absolutely gorgeous!

Renkata said...

Very elegant!!!

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful job hun!!! Love the colors on this, and the background stamp you used!!! :)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Tanya said...

Beautiful card!! I love how you used the background stamp. I've been trying to figure out what to do with that alone...great inspiration!

Joy said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

pezadoodle said...

love it! love the colors adn the stamping!

Eiglas said...

Gorgeous card but I can't actually see any purple...?
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Trimgym said...

Lovely card again Ann. Thank you for joining us again at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Kim said...

Beautiful! Very cool choice and a wonderful interpretation of it!

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful card Ann, lovely bouquet of flowers, thanks for joining us at Doodle Palace, take careX:)

Rose said...

This is gorgeous, I love it, the flowers are lovely.

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Sammi said...

Wow!!! How awesome! You totally rocked this challenge!!
Sammi
xxx

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week in our purple and Turquoise challenge! Good luck in the draw. Lovely card Ann - great mix. Cheers Claire x