Friday, March 19, 2010

A lion after my own heart

Another quick card to share :)  This is my attempt at coloring the Whimsy Stamps Lion using Ranger Distress Inks!  I've only been coloring Magnolias with distress inks, but I thought that this guy was the perfect candidate.  He's one of my favorite Whimsy Stamps images and though I can improve in some areas, I think he looks alright in this card :)  It doesn't hurt that he's soooo cute! I mean, he's so regal and proud.  Would you believe it? Right after I was done, some of the leftover ink made it's way onto the white space.  Ugh, go figure!

I hope that your weekend goes well!

Stamp: Whimsy Stamps Lion, Love sentiment from Whimsy Stamps Wings of Hope set; Medium: Distress Inks; Paper: BasicGrey; Accessories/tools: ribbon

9 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Ann, I think you've done a beautiful job with coloring the Lion!! :) Love that yummy ribbons too!! BIG HUGS

Crystal said...

AWWW Ann LOVE this lion, he is soooo cute and you colored him AWESOME!! What a great card girl, fab ribbon too!

Renkata said...

Ann you have coloured him so beutifly. I love the paper and the choice of ribbon.

Deb said...

you have coloured him perfectly Ann, love all the shading, I am fast becoming addicted to distress ink colouring! So love the Whimsy lion too and I am sure you can be cute and regal! Loving that ribbon too! have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Kim Yu said...

regardless, your card turned out great! Oh, love your new pic! :D

Crissy Armstrong said...

Ann this is so beautifully coloured! I love this stamp too and just got mine in the mail from Denise! I can't wait to use it too. You did a gorgeous job!

cabio's craft corner said...

It's such a cute lion and the bow is pretty!
Hugs,
Cabio

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Mandy said...

awww...too cute...xxx