Sunday, March 7, 2010

Just Because - Whimsy Stamps Water Lily

Hope you've had a good weekend so far! Mine was very relaxing and I got a lot of cleaning done.  I also got in some stamping.  My distress reinkers arrived and I was trying to practice with those.  I already have a few failed attempts, but I can see why some people use this coloring medium instead.

Anywho, I just can't stop playing with these fairies from the Whimsy Stamps Mythical Collection!  I don't know what it is about them, maybe it's their unique facial expressions, but they're just so fun to play with! Today I've used Water Lily.  She's such a gorgeous image, but unfortunately, I tried to do too much with her watering can and so it looks a bit messy around the edges.  I tried to do as much erasing as I could, but it just wouldn't go away and I was too lazy to recolor everything - sorry about that!  I used some mini roses here, which are also available at the Whimsy Stamps Store.
 
Stamp: Whimsy Stamps Water Lily; Ink: Copics, BIC; Paper: BasicGrey Lemonade; Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, ribbon, mini roses, aster daisies, prima flower, rhinestones, corner punches

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Inky Impressions - Think Green
  2. The Pink Elephant - Add Green
  3. Cute Card Thursday - Lucky Green
  4. Prairie Fairy Fridays - Lucky Green
  5. Everybody Art - A Sketch
  6. Stampavie and More - Spring
  7. Tellen's Place - Bling it on!
  8. Charisma Cardz - Fairies
  9. Pals Paper Arts - Spring
  10. PaperPlay - Just Because
  11. Stamp Something - Something Girly
  12. Rosie-D's Challenge - Think Spring

30 comments:

Juls said...

this is just so beautiful!!! Love it Hugs Juls

Kim Yu said...

Hi, Ann! This is jsut gorgeous! I love your coloring and yes, very cute fairy! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inky Impressions! Hope to see more of your creations!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh it's definitely those eyelashes that make her gorgeous - lol

and your coloring

and your layout

and all the challenges you did her for

and ....

it's just plain gorgeous!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Just beautiful Ann! I don't see anything messy at all, just beautiful coloring and details! Love the gingham ribbon and pretty corner accents too. Beautiful all around! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Such a sweet spring image - wonderful details! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Mervi said...

So cute card.Lovely image and colouring is perfect!
Thanks for playing with us at Rosie D's, good luck;-))m

Saskia said...

Hello Ann,

Beautiful, bright card!! I feel spring is comming!
Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge!

Saskia :)

Deirdre said...

Oh wow, this is simply stunning. Adore the image and great card.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week and especially as it was my first time setting the challenge - a big thank you from me. ♥

Roberta Laliberte said...

GORGEOUS in one word! Thanks for joining FFF!

xoxoxo

Crystal said...

AWWW Ann is this ever soooo beautiful, LOVE LOVE it girl!!

Allison said...

sooooo pretty
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Valoudesbois said...

Oh what a wonderful spring card.

thanks for joining us at SAM this week

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful cute card !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
eac-team

GCgirl said...

This is a really pretty card...and I can't believe you manage to combine 12 challenges! Outta' my league for sure--nice job! ;-)

Terry Oulboub said...

These are such beautiful colors. I love this card and that gingham ribbon is super gorgeous with that green flower. You've done an outstanding job. Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place! ;D

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Ann this is one beautiful card that image is so adorable I love this so much thank you for joining us at Prairie Fairy this week.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Joynana said...

Ann, your card makes me think of spring and how I can't wait for it to get here. It is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

brenda said...

Hi Ann

What a really pretty card, it really does have a true feel of Spring about it.


Thank for for joining in my Spring theme at Rosie D's.

B x

Julie M said...

Beautiful card, Ann - such a pretty image, lovely colouring - and I love that big pink gingham ribbon!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

Julie :o)

Anne H. said...

Wow - your card is gorgeous!
An adorable image and beautiful colors.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne:)

Michelle B said...

Very cute card with the perfect touch of bling! LOVE IT! Thank you for joining us this week at Tellen's Place.

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Tracy said...

Great creation, it lovely. Thanks for joining Rosie-D's challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

blackdragon said...

Beautiful card... thank you for joining us at Tellens place this week.
lynx


and also rosie-dees challenge'

blackdragon said...

Beautiful card... thank you for joining us at Tellens place this week.
lynx


and also at rosie dees.

BA said...

this is really adorable anne!! love the image and your coloring is stunning
thanks for joining us at stampavie & more
xoxo BA

Tasha said...

Ann this is really beautiful, the papers are gorgeous and i love the faiy image she is fab
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Ann! This is adorable!! So beautifully colored and detailed. You sure rocked the challenges. Awesome take on the Inky Challenge too!!
hugs,
Chris

itsabrt said...

This card is amazing I love the fairy and what I believe to be the use of flower soft.Thanks for playing along at Inky Impressions! Beth aka BR-T

Kelly Schelske said...

So very beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FFF, I hope you join us again this week!

Angelwood said...

This is lovely! Beautiful job! Thanks for playing with us this week at Inky Impressions. hugs, Angela