Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Whimsy Stamps: Summer Day Emma

Hm, sometimes I think it's summer already and sometimes Southern California surprises me with a little bit more rain. I thought it was a little funny that the week before CHA, it was raining here. Way to show our visitors the sunshine, California! Speaking of CHA, I wish I could have gone (I'm only 30 minutes away from Anaheim), but it's at least nice to see all the new stuff that was released. I don't know about you, but I'm drooling over the new BasicGrey papers! Time to break the piggy bank again, lol.

Anywho, on to my card. I've used Whimsy Stamps Summer Day Emma on my card and wow, isn't this such a gorgeous image? I love the hair being blown by the wind. I chose to go with these colors because I got tired of seeing so much pink and reds from my cards lately. Also, I think this stamp has just enough detail - not too much where I get tired of coloring and not too little where I can't add my own interpretation. I loved adding the pearls to the flowers and butterfly too - I think they're an extra little touch. You can purchase the stamp here.

And hey, if you haven't signed up for the Whimsy Groups on SNR, then you're missing out! We have weekly challenges and this week's challenge is Use Lots of Frills! Our host is Janna and she is asking us to pretty much make a girlie and feminine card using a Whimsy Stamp. Upload your creation to the Whimsy Group discussion thread here to get a chance to a $10 Whimsy Stamps gift certificate!

Stamp: Whimsy Stamps Summer Day Emma; Medium: Prismacolor pencils, Copics, BIC; Paper: DCWV Indian Summer; Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Shapeabilities, pearls, ribbon

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Whimsy Stamps SNR Group - Use lots of frills
  2. Stamp with Fun - Challenge #44 Sketch
  3. Stampin' B's Design Team - A butterfly, a flower, and a die-cut
  4. Pollycraft Monday - Things with Wings
  5. The Treehouse - Butterfly + Flower
  6. Saturday Spotlight - Oversized things - I thought my bow and butterfly were pretty oversized, lol

23 comments:

Annmaree said...

This is gorgeous, I adore teh golds, so warm!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Ann, she's just GORGEOUS girl!! Love your beautiful colors and that butterfly/bow combo is such a perfect accent!! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh this is beautiful. i love the colors and that butterfly!

hugs :)

Juls said...

wow this is stunning!! Love the way the butterfly sits on the bow!! amazing!!

Sally Cicada's Designs said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!! What a fantastic card Ann! Love the papers and the layout!! Your colouring is amazing too!! The way you added the butterfly and used the background paper on its wings--gotta try that :) The butterfly and the bow just "make" the card!!
Hugs :)
Sarah

tmcc4 said...

WOW BEAUTIFUL!!!!! awesome job!!! TFS!
Mandy

Crystal said...

Oh my Ann sooo beautiful, I LOVE these colors and that butterfly!

Sue said...

WOW,this is one of the prettiest cards i have ever come accross,really realy gorgeous colours ,fab papers and image and i lurves the butterfly:)

thansk for joining us at pollycraft:)

sue
xx

Bonibleaux Designs said...

This is absolutely stunning!!! I love your colors, coloring and layout!! Just yummy!!

crafterGM said...

WOW! What a pretty card. Thanks for playing at the Treehouse hope to see you next Thursday. Thanks Gloria M.

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhhhh Ann, I just adore this card- it is just gorgeous!!!!

Pssst- love that blinkie too LOL!

Hugz

Deb

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! What amazing coloring! Thanks for playing with the Stampin B's!!

Jennifer Scull said...

your cards are always so wonderful, and this one is no exception. the colors are regal and warm, the bow is just beautiful, and that image is as precious as I have ever seen! what a beauty!
she is on my wish list for certain!

ArchivingAngel said...

Hello~ I just found your blog through Sally Ciada's & it is just terrific!
You are so talented! Not just on traditional paper either. Like this card is just gorgeous. I love your choice of papers, colors & that butterfly...just lovely. I was checking out your digital graphics work & it is quite nice.
I wish you continued success.
I will be tuning to see what other lovelies & inspiration you share.
Thanks.
Hope you can follow my blog too at : http://archiving-angel.blogspot.com
Happy Crafting!
Sonia

Ellie said...

This is such a beautiful card Ann. I love the sweet image, you colored it beautifully. The colors are so pretty too. And the butterfly with pearls is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing.

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card. The image and papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card! Love the vibrant colors you used! Thanks for playing with us this week at SWF! Hugs Nilla

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful. Love your coloring, your colors and dp and the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight this week!

Emma said...

Beautiful card, I love the image and the bow and butterfly is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Deb said...

this is such a beautiful card, I had to use this stamp this week too, dreaming of summer!!! have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful sweet card !!!! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
swf-team

tanjaak said...

Hi! Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Stamp with Fun.
hugs,Tanja

Jaspere said...

This is gorgeous!