Monday, November 2, 2009

Paper Maniac Inspirations: Use those die cuts!

My project today is somewhat simple and hopefully, you'll be able to try it out too. What is it? Well, it's a small picture frame made from a couple of Nestabilities and the Create a Flake 1 Shapebilities, all from Spellbinders! I don't have a picture to put it in yet, as I'm waiting to visit family. I was hoping to take a picture of my nieces and nephew and stick in it there to hang on our tree.

This project only has a few simple steps and I'm sure you'll be able to create something very similar. Some of the supplies you need are the Nestabilities Label 8 die, Nestabilities Large Deckled Rectangles, Create a Flake 1 Shapeabilities, cardstock, kraft paper, and a pearl. I used the largest die from the Label 8 Nestabilities for the back. For the frame outline, I used the two largest dies from the Large Deckled Rectangles, nested them, and ran it through the Cuttlebug. For the snowflakes, I chose to use two dies from the Create A Flake 1 Shapeabilities set and just laid them on top of another and topped it off with a pearl. Simple!


This project is also for a couple of challenges:
  1. Corrosive Challenge - No cards
  2. Creative Card Crew - Snowflakes

2 comments:

Crystal said...

This is wonderful Ann, Love how you used those die cuts!

Angie Cortes said...

So Cute Ann! Love how you used the frame!