Wednesday, October 21, 2009

MyGrafico - Vintage Challenge!

Wow, can't believe that my birthday falls on a Wednesday this year, but it's gotta happen sometimes, right? lol. Kinda makes it less exciting, but I guess I just have to wait a few more years. Yikes, the big 3-0 is creeping up! I should stop dwelling :)

Speaking of older things, MyGrafico's Challenge this week is super fun - vintage! I think you can think of vintage in many different ways, but the route that I took (and what most of the other design team members took) was the bright, 60's vintage. I think it worked really well with the set that we were given to work with. Enter our challenges for a chance to win the Zenware Vintage Appliance Digital Stamps set! Enter both the sketch and the recipe challenge and get two chances!

Surprisingly, I had a lot of fun working with this simple teapot! At first I didn't know what to do, but it all came together with the great sketch that we got to use. Enjoy :)

Image: MyGrafico Vintage Appliance Stamps; Stamp: Unity October Store Kit; Paper: MMBI; Accessories/tools: Copics, ribbon from Paper Maniac; Cuttlebug, Nestabilities

8 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous card!! Love the colour combo and fab image!! love it!

bluepoohbear75 said...

Great card.

Mary said...

Super cute! Love the colors and papers all working together there. And Happy Birthday!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday to you sweetie!!! I hope your day is great!!!! Your card is wonderful, you aced this challenge...very cool color combo and image!!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh sweetie!!! happy birthday to you! the big 3-0! you're younger than my son - YIKES!

and your card is fabulous!

all the best my dear!

hugs,

Maureen said...

What a great card - love how you paired that sentiment with the teapot - so funny!

Happy birthday!! Hope you had a most wonderful day!

Lee said...

Happy belated birthday! Love your card...it's awesome!

Cassandra said...

Don't you just love MyGrafico! I'm a embroidery Digitizer and I use their artwork all the time and love it! Your card is fantastic! I love all the colors! It makes the coffee Pot really stand out! Just Wonderful!