Thursday, September 17, 2009

Whimsy Stamps Monthy Challenge - Distressing

Oh wow, I can't believe I forgot to post about this!! Yesterday a new challenge at the Whimsy Stamps Monthly Challenge was posted. A new challenge is posted every 3rd Wednesday of the month. This time, we want you to do some distressing! I created a tutorial on how I distress my cards and I hope that you enjoy it, but you don't have to by any means follow it step-by-step! I know there are far more adept distressers than I :) I hope you stop by, though, to enter the challenge and to take a look at my little tutorial.

My distressed card
Stamps: Whimsy Lion; Paper: DCWV stack

Also, the Whimsy Stamps website has gotten a make-over! I got a wonderful opportunity to help out Denise with the revamping and it was so fun! I got to play around with making the new banner, the RSS mice, the background, and the coding. Make sure you pop over there to check out the clean new design, the easy navigation, as well as to see little old me on the Artist Page. I made some sentiments for Whimsy that are coming out soon! I can't thank Denise enough for all the fantastic opportunities she's given me.

We also have a fantastic release coming up and I can't wait!! There are some GREAT new stamps coming and you won't want to miss them!


7 comments:

Crystal said...

This is AWESOME!!! I just love that lion!! Fab card Anne!

Debbie said...

This is a fab tutorial Ann, I love this cute lion.Hugs Debbie x

Juls said...

just love this!! the colours are gorgeous!! and I really love that image!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Awesome card Ann! Love your coloring and the distressing is fab! The papers work perfect too. :)

Saskia said...

Great card!!

Enjoy your weekend!!

Saskia :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Ann, this was a really fabulous tutorial!! Love your card and I had so much fun following along with you!! :) Thanks for sharing!! HUGS

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Ann. Love the image you've used and the fabulous colouring also. Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x