Saturday, July 11, 2009

Shooting Star with strips!

I've been doing a lot of bright cards lately ever since I got the DCWV Fun In The Sun Summer Stack. It has a bunch of great papers in it and it was only $10! Great deal, I would say :D This card is a shooting star card that I'll probably give to one of my nieces. They'll like the star, nevermind that the strips for the tail of the star took forever to put together. I pretty much did some paper piecing for a digital image so I had to print the image first then cut out the parts I wanted to piece then trace it onto patterned paper then cut it out. It was a little tedious. Well, enjoy the card and hopefully you're having a great weekend!

This card is for a couple of challenges:
  1. Sketch and Stamp - for Challenge #6 Barb's Sketch
  2. The Pink Elephant - for Challenge #21 Stars and Strips - I have strips of ribbon as well as paper strips (shooting star's tail, paper behind the ribbon).
Card Details
Paper: DCWV Fun in the Sun Stack
Shooting Star: Lily-Boo's Boutique Space set
Tools: Cuttlebug, embossing folder

10 comments:

Linda said...

Ooh I love the bright colours you've used on this - wasn't the sketch great fun to work with?

Sunday Sketch and Stamp said...

Nice card - I adore the bright vibrant colours!

Thank you for playing along at Sunday Sketch & Stamp.

PaperCrafty said...

Great card! Love the texture and bright color combo. Thanks for joining TPE this week!!

loopylou said...

wow, what a great effect, it really is a cute card, the papers are so cheery.

Ann said...

wow those papers are just stunning
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Tina said...

What a beautiful, colorful card! Thanks for creating with us at TPE!

sam said...

Thats just great,didnt even realise it was my stars till lou told me,ok i am a muppet sometimes,but its just fab,love it xxx

sam said...

Thats just great,didnt even realise it was my stars till lou told me,ok i am a muppet sometimes,but its just fab,love it xxx

Carol said...

Such funky colours!! Love your bright cheerful card....thanks for playing along with our challenge :)

Hugs
carol x
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Barb said...

What a fantastic card! I love all the colors and textures. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining with us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.

Barb, DT