Saturday, June 13, 2009

You make life beautiful

This is the second card using Basic Grey scraps! I found the flower tag in my stash and completely fell in love with it. I'd been holding off using it because it's just so gorgeous and I wanted to do it some justice, but I figured it was now or never. I think it turned out pretty nice! I used watercolor pencils to color the flower. I'm really starting to love watercolor pencils! They're so much easier to use than regular watercolor, less mess, and much greater control, at least for someone like me who doesn't really know how to paint in watercolor. Hope you guys like the card as much as I do!

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Ismaki - for Sketch Challenge from Elisa + use a tag
  2. Cute Card Thursday - for Challenge #64 Quotations
  3. If the Shoe Fits (again) - for Wednesday Card Challenge Anniversary Cards
Card Details
Paper: Recollections cardstock, Basic Grey PP
Stamp: Cloud 9 Love sentiments
Embellishments: rhintones, ribbon, Basic Grey tag (I'm guessing)
Techniques/Tools: watercolor pencils

7 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is gorgeous.

hugs,

mu42800 said...

ta carte est splendide
bizz Mu

delphine said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for playing with us. Delphine

Gabriele said...

This card is great.
And I am happy to read that somebody likes watercolour pencils *gg*
We had a discussion a few weeks ago in a creative forum and lots of people there said, that they could not see a difference between watercolour and "usual" pencils...
I use them quite often, but I also use the normal watercolours. Like both... but you can have great effects with the pencils.

You did a great colouring of the flowers!

claudiprisca said...

super jolie j'adore
biz claudine

Tracey said...

ok, this is fabulous! i LOVE the flower!!! LOVE IT!! wow!!!
~tracey from the Shoe!

Kristy said...

STUNNING! SIMPLY STUNNING!!! Thanks for playing with us @ the Shoe! I enjoy seeing your stuff! Its always a treat!