Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You create my garden

This is my last week at Crafty Creations as guest designer :( I'm sad to be leaving, but I'm so happy to have had the chance to work with such a creative and friendly bunch of ladies. You gals are great and now you'll have to put up with seeing my work in your challenges again, lol.

And what a GREAT challenge we have for this week! The theme is "Garden." This means you can create anything relating to gardens, such as: tools, flowers, vegetables, maybe even patio furniture. I loved loved loved making this, but I was pressed for time because as some of you might know, I've been in San Diego for most of the weekend celebrating my brother's graduation. It was a wonderful weekend: I got to spend time with family, got to meet up with friends, got to enjoy my brother making a fool of himself when he went up on stage, got to enjoy picking him up after a grad night party all sleepy and tired, got to see my mom cry because she was happy that her last child had finished high school...pretty much got to have a great time.

Anyway, on to my garden creation. I made the arch with twigs so I don't know how long this thing will last. If I had Modge Podged them, would they last a long time? Does anyone know? I wrapped up the twigs with hemp cord in a natural color and also colored with a green stamp pad to keep them together. Then I took the flowers and just randomly wrapped them around the twig arch. Papers were distressed, pictures were edited, things were glued, stamping and embossing was done, and that's pretty much it!

So, what are you waiting for? Head on over to Crafty Creations to join in on this fun challenge and for a chance to win!! Thanks again for having me as a guest designer!! It was an honor!

Here are some challenges that I'm submitting this creation to:
  1. Die Cut Dreams Challenge - for Challenge #1 Green Fingers - My fingers were definitely green from trying to color the hemp cord using a stamp pad!
  2. Creative Inspirations - for Challenge #11 Anything but a Card or ATC
  3. Little Paper Shop - for Monthly Challenge using Texture - I'm not sure if you can only submit cards, if so, ignore this!
Garden theme creation
I didn't have time to make a frame that matched, sorry about that!!
Creation Details
Paper: Bazzill, DCWV
Stamps: Heidi Grace
Embellishments: twigs, flowers
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, MM Distressing Kit, Distress embossing powder



13 comments:

mudmaven said...

Ann this is a total stunner! Gorgeous doesn't come close to describing it. Wonderful creation. ~chris

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

omgoodness! this is absolutely gorgeous! i mean like totally gorgeous.

hugs,

brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful Kari.

B x

Saskia said...

Gorgeous work!!!!!

Thanks for being our Guest Designer at Crafty Creations!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Linda said...

Wow this is beautiful, what a lovely idea.

Roberta Laliberte said...

HO WHA! This is B-U-tiful! Love it!

Roberta

LOUISE said...

What a lovely creation Ann, love the Arch of flowers! Thanks so much for joining us on Creative Inspirations Challenge. LOuise x

Queenie said...

Stunning Ann,saw this on the site the other day!!!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at Creative Inspirations and good luck.
hugs
tracy
xxx

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Ann this is beautiful I love what you did with the flowers its stunning
Thank you for joining in with this weeks challenge at DCD hope to see more from you in the coming weeks , we have lots of great themes lined up I'm sure you will love
Hugs Susie xx

jude said...

Ann what a stunning creation love the detail of the flowers .thanks for joining in at creative inspirations challenge,good luck
hugs judex

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Hi Ann, what a beautiful creation, Such gorgeous details its fabulous. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week and good luck.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

maxine said...

Beautiful work thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations

Cheryl said...

this is stunning love all the deatil thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations love cheryl xxxxx