Thursday, June 4, 2009

You are my anchor card + FREEBIE (digital sentiment)

Here's a card that's a little different from what I've made so far. I didn't use markers! I used colored pencils instead...yes, colored pencils. I like colored pencils because I have a lot of different colors and as far as markers go, I only have 36. The left hand picture of the lighthouse is a stamp, but the right hand side picture is just doodling by me. I did some layering with the lighthouse (see second picture).

I'm including a PNG image at the end of this post of the sentiment that I made and used on my card. I made it using Microsoft Publisher and a free Microsoft clip art of an anchor. You can download and use it however way you want, but I would appreciate it if you would credit the sentiment back to me and maybe link it back to this blog :) You might have to play with the size for it to work with Nestabilities or other circle die-cuts or punches. If you use it in anything, I would LOVE to see your work!!

I'm submitting this card for a couple of challenges:
  1. Taylored Expressions - for Cupcake Challenge #70 (using a sketch)
  2. Crafty Creations - for Challenge #18 Sand and Sea
  3. Color Create - for Week #18 Colors of the Rainbow - I tried to use as much as I could! Oh, and I included a scene :)
My CardCard Details
Paper: Bazzill and Recollections cardstock
Stamp: Stamps by Impression Lighthouse #1409
Sentiment: Me, my computer and printer
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, embossing folder, colored pencils


Free Digital Sentiment
(click on image for original size, right click to save to computer)
Digital sentiment details
Programs: Microsoft Publisher/Word, Paint, Irfanview
Clip art: Microsoft Office free clipart



6 comments:

acreativeneed said...

Ann this is such a lovely scene! Great job on your own doodling too. Thanks for joining us again at Crafty Creations Challenges!
smiles,Deena

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, nice colouring!!!
Thanks for taking part at Crafty Creations Challenge!!! Hope to see you back next time! :)

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Tara said...

This is a brilliant card and I love the scene you've created!
Thanks so much for joining in with this week's CC challenge ;o) xx

Rica said...

Fabulous card, what a wonderful sscene you've created and I just love that sentiment.
Thanks so much for joining us at CC.
hugs Heather xx

newenglandstamper said...

This is a lovely card!

Jaime said...

That is lovely, so serene. Congrats on the GDT spot!!