Monday, June 1, 2009

Digging into my old stamps

Sometimes I feel bad that I bought stamps and I don't use them as often as I do. It's hard, though, because new stamps are coming out everyday and trends change and somehow your favorite stamps fall through the cracks and you forget about them. I know I'm not the only one.

So, I've resurrected an old Stampin' Up stamp that I absolutely used to love. I made this monotone card using that stamp and it made me feel better because sometimes I felt like I should sell some of my stamps since I don't use them that often anymore, but now I have! And since I've stumbled upon Sketch and Stash blog, maybe I'll start using the things that are collecting dust. I was supposed to submit this to the Creative Inspirations challege, too, but I got all messed up with the deadlines :(

This card is for a couple of challenges:
  1. Sketch and Stash - for Challenge #11 - I used my neglected Stampin' Up bear stamp
  2. A Spoon Full of Sugar - for Challenge #53 Lace - I thought I wasn't going to be able to do this challenge since I didn't have any lacy ribbon or punch, but then I found this Prima Chatres Lace flowers! I was very happy that I could play along this week
  3. 2 Red Bananas - for Tied up With Ribbon challenge
My Card
Card Details
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, DCWV Stack (I think)
Stamp: Stampin' Up
Embellishments: Prima Chatres Lace flowers, buttons, ribbon
Techniques/Tools: MM Distressing Kit, Fiskars Threading Water border punch
Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Oval and Scalloped Oval

4 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is just lovely! And why have you not used this stamp??? It's super! Well, you make it LOOK super anyway.

Hugs,

Wendy said...

This is such a cute card! I love the monochromatic feel (and brown is my favorite color). Very nice. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

Jeanette - said...

This is a GREAT card. I love the vintage feel of it. Thanks for playing in the 2RedBananas challenge.

Becky said...

Wow! Beautiful card Ann, that stamp is gorgeous!!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx