Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Color Purple - Crafty Creations Challenge #19 + FREEBIE

Whoo hoo! What makes the middle of the week exciting?! A new Crafty Creations Challenge of course! If you haven't been playing along with these wonderful challenges, make sure you join in on this one for a chance to win some yummy Stampin' Up! goodies. This week is to use the color purple as your inspiration. Also, check the blog for creations by the other DT members; they're fantastic, as always!

I made this card over the weekend, so now maybe it explains why I was so inspired by the dotty purple paper, lol. I was using scraps of it from this project, and can you believe I made 5 other cards using the scraps!? Going purple to go green :) I cut the frame and the purple pansy flower using SCAL, my Cricut, and SCUT files from SVG Cuts. The flower petals are layered with vellum to give it a softer look and I stamped some swirls in the background. Other than that, the card is pretty simple! I love the poem though (which is an excerpt from Auguries of Innocence by William Blake, not Robert Blake, as I embarrassingly have), and I think the card illustrates it pretty well.

I've fixed the author's name and digitalized the quote/sentiment that I formatted in Microsoft Publisher. Maybe you will be inspired by the quote also :) You are free to use the quote in whichever way you want, but if you do, I would appreciate a link back and I would love to see your work!!

Remember, head on over to Crafty Creations Challenge for inspiration and to join in to win some great goodies!

This week's prize: Stampin' Up Goodies

My Card
I totally didn't notice that I put the wrong first name!
It's
William Blake, not Robert Blake! What a dufus!
Card Details
Paper: Recollections cardstock, Ivy Company DP
Stamps: Inkadinkado Flourishes (I don't know which set)
Sentiment/Quote: Me, my Computer and printer
Techniques/Tools: Cricut, SCAL, Stickles, SVG Cuts file, BIC Mark-It



Freebie Digital Quote/Sentiment

Click on image, right click to save to computer


5 comments:

Saskia said...

Ann,

Wow... Beautiful card!! So elegant!!! I'm very proud to have you as a Guest Designer on Crafty Creations Challenge for 2 weeks!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

acreativeneed said...

Ann your card is gorgeous!! The layered vellum on the flower is simply perfect! I love this sentiment too, so beautiful. It is wonderful to have you as our Guest Designer!!
smiles,
Deena

Marjanne said...

awesome card and the quote is just so beautifull!!

Gabriele said...

This card is (like all your cards) great!
I love this quotation... and just downloaded it.
I will, of course, give a link to your blog as soon as I use it...

Thanks a lot for sharing!!!!

Tami said...

Thanks! ♥♥♥