Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blooming planter

This card uses one of the many downloads that I've recently bought from Lily-Boo's Boutique called Gardening Ovals. I think I've purchased 10 sheets already, but they're all worth it! The image was colored with Prismacolor watercolor pencils, which I recently got on eBay for a ridiculously cheap price. I got 36 pencils for $25, which I thought was a good deal. I need to learn a lot about using watercolor pencils though. Anyone know a good site/video? Anyway, enjoy my simple card :)

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Friday Sketchers - for Challenge #57
  2. Paper Blooms - for Be Inspired - I am constantly inspired by anything related to nature!
  3. Charisma Cards - for Challenge #25 Any theme, any style
  4. Digital Tuesday Challenge - for Challenge #12 Use Your Scraps of Paper - No new papers were harmed in the making of this card :) The image is a digital download from Lily-boo's Boutique.
Card Details
Paper: Bazzill, MMBI
Image: Lily-Boo's Boutique Gardening Ovals
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Prismacolor watercolor pencils

11 comments:

acreativeneed said...

Lovely card, Ann! Your water coloring looks good! That was a good deal on the pencils!!
smiles,Deena

Sammi said...

Another great card Ann!
Gorgeous image and I just love that paper!
Sammi
xx

loopylou said...

oh wow, that looks sooo cute, i am pleased you love lily-boo so much!! its my big sis's blog and I am Lou!!!!!xxxx

Mel said...

I was so lucky to find your fab blog from you entering my candy i have an Award for you over on mine.
Hugz Mel x

Lora said...

Such a prety card. Thanks for playing at the DTC this week.
Lora

Anjou Krelovich said...

pretty pretty pretty! Love your coloring! thanks for visiting DTC!

JanJ said...

Beautiful card, love the image & the simplicity of it.

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.

Jan xx

Leah said...

Such a lovely card and your watercoloring is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Blooms! Great work:)

shelly said...

this is so aweet a really like the image you chose and your w/coloring is perfect. this is a very sweet card. thanks so much for playing along at PaperBlooms :) xx shelly

Emma said...

Gorgeous card and so pretty. Fantastic colouring too.
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

Sally said...

Lovely card. Love the background paper. Thanks for joining us at Charisma.