Sunday, June 7, 2009

Black and Gold embossed frames

Yay something other than a card! I'm sure some of you welcome this change, but I'm still submitting it to several challenges, lol.

I got these frames from Michael's for $1 and they've been sitting on some shelves for a while. Well, this weekend I decided to pick them up and actually do something with them! The first one (which is the one with the flower) was such a mess to make and way much more time than it should have. I cut out black cardstock in the shape of the frame, sanded down the sides because the paper didn't fit quite right, embossed flourishes, and used Modge Podge (my first time using it!) to seal it. Then I thought, why am I gluing on paper and sanding when I can just paint the things!?! So, the rest were just painted with black paint and that made the process so much quicker :D I made 5 total (2 of the graduation frames, one for my brother and the other for my boyfriend's nephew). It was really fun making them!

I'm submitting one of the frames (with the lollipop flower) to three challenges:
  1. Caardvarks - for "Depth Perception" 3D challenge
  2. Flourishes - for Timeless Tuesday Challenge #18 Frames - I took it literally :D
  3. Secret Crafter - for Challenge #5 Bling - The gold embossing is pretty shiny too! And the Modge Podge I used was glossy :)
Creation for submission

Other frames

Creation details
Paper: K & Company, Recollections
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Other supplies: Metallic Gold embossing powder, Modge Podge

12 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... those are some classy frames for a $1 ... love the gold on the black ... fantastic 3-D project.

Pamela Smerker said...

These are really stunning! Very elegant.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

absolutely beautiful. i'd buy one in an instant.

hugs,

MMG said...

I love the idea of making personalized gifts from such a simple basic. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

lauren said...

beeeeeeeeautiful frames--the gold and black are amazingly elegant and SO FABULOUS!!!

Heidi Van Laar said...

These are beautiful! Such elegant colors!

Lucy, England said...

Fabulous - beautiful crafting!

Michelle Giraud said...

Very pretty frames - I love the gold accents.

Lotti said...

Very stylish! Nicely embellished but so it won't interfere with the pictures - well done!!

Gabriele said...

omg, I wish I had seen your page a few days before *gg*
I just finalized a wooden frame with a foto of 2 of my sons... and your frames are soooooo beautiful!
Thanks a lot for sharing: the fotos as well as the explanation how you did it!

Greeetings from Germany,
Gabriele

Nathalia Castellon said...

So dramatic and elegant! These are so lovely! :)

Greensleeves said...

Most beautiful frames! very elegant