Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Best Wishes, by way of fairy

This card too FOREVER to make, but I got it done! It was really frustrating too because I had planned to do ribbon flowers following the Lili of the Valley sketch, but then the ribbon flowers were too big. Then I did these circle flowers and even these were too big! Soooo, I had to deviate A LOT from the sketch. Hope it still counts! If not, that's okay. I didn't have any fairy stamps so I turned to the good old list of free coloring pages that I compiled here. I found this from the Activity Village; you can use their images for personal or educational purposes. All credit goes to them for the fairy graphic.

This card is for a few challenges:
  1. Lili of the Valley - for Challenge #28 a Template Challenge - Sorry! The sketch was my original inspiration, but because I didn't plan enough and didn't have enough space to put my circle flowers and image, I had to rearrange things the circles and put them at the top. If it doesn't qualify for the sketch, that's okay. I'll try again next week :)
  2. Cupcake Craft Challenge - for Challenge #42 Fairies
  3. Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - for Challenge #34 Pink, turquoise, and a hint of brown.
My CardCard Details
Paper: DCWV cardstock
Image: Activity Village Fairy Watering Flowers
Sentiment: Stampendous
Embellishments: rhinestones, Stickles
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug, embossing folder, BIC Mark-It, MM Distressing Kit



7 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is beautiful and it works! FYI... Squigglefly has some lovely digital fairy images at a very, very reasonable price. Hope you don't mind my telling you this.

Hugs,

Saskia said...

Lovely card!! The circle-flowers are so unique and sweet! Great idea!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Jane Carroll said...

great card

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

The Crafty Den said...

What a super cute card. Pretty image and love the flowers at the top of the card. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Jill said...

wow beautiful card , thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

POPPET said...

this is gorgeous, i love how you have done the circles looks really fab, thanks for joining us at ccc hugs Pops x

Donna said...

Beautiful card, you've done wonders with this weeks colour scheme and everything on your card works so well together. Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x