Thursday, June 11, 2009

Aloha to summer

Summer is right around the corner! Well, at least it feels that way for some parts of the world, but not here. It was cloudy and dreary today...that's Southern California's June gloom for ya.

I made this card yesterday and I really liked how the finished colored stamp looked. I made the background using watercolor pencils, my first time using them! I torn some paper for the "sand." I had everything planned out in my head about how the card was going to turn out, but it just did not happen that way. The card looks really empty to me, and I think it's because I didn't pop up the sentiment and I should have used some DP somewhere. By the time I put it down and looked at it from a distance, there was really nothing more I could do to improve it. Darn, I really liked how I pictured the card was going to turn out. I hate to throw away cards; it makes me feel like I'm killing a little tree every time I do it.

So, I'm still submitting it to these challenges:
  1. Sketch Saturday - for Sketch #64
  2. Ann's Creative Nook - for GCA #44 Summertime beach fun
  3. Fun-Frilled - for Summertime
  4. Lili of the Valley - for Challenge #29 Summer Fun - I'd love if you considered me for the guest DT position :)
  5. Pile it on - for Non-stamped sentiment - I used a rub-on. Again, this is also for DT submission :)

My Card
Card Details
Paper: Bazzill, DCWV
Stamp: ATS Polka Dot Emma, unknown flip-flop stamp
Sentiment: Rub-on (unknown company)
Embellishments: mini shells
oTechniques/Tools: BIC Mark-It, watercolor pencils, Sharpie poster paint

4 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

it's super. maybe you should have an embellishment of some sort above her head - like a lei, or umbrella. but i like it just the way it is.

hugs,

stamprgrl said...

oh Ann! this is so adorable!!!!!!! I understand what you are saying. I think it is visual, maybe if the shells instead of being in the corners where in a cluster maybe overlapping a bit of the sandals.

Thanks for playing w/ Pile It on!

-- dalis DTC for pile It On!

Saskia said...

Lovely, lovely card!!! Very cute and unique!!!! I LOVE it!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Judith said...

Love your Aloha card it is so cute x