Friday, June 5, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You Ultimate Card Showdown!

This is my card submission for 1st Annual 2 Sketches 4 You Ultimate Card Showdown!! Wow, did you guys see the prize that's up for grabs for the winner of this monster challenge at 2 Sketches 4 You!? Of course I had to join, even though I know I don't have a sliver of hope compared to all the other talent out there. Oh well, one never gets anywhere by being too scared to try, right? At least this card was fun to make :)

The begonia (I'm learning my flowers and so far I only know this one, lol) was cut using an SVG Cuts file, SCAL, and my Cricut. I colored the edges to make it pop a little. I ruffled the orange ribbon on the side and the white cardstock was embossed using the folder Leaf Branch. The embossing doesn't show up as well in the pictures, but it's much prettier in person. Enjoy, and good luck to you if you also entered the competition!

My Card
Card Details
Paper: Bazzill Cardstock
Flower: SVG Cuts Begonia
Sentiment: Stampendous
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug, Cricut, embossing folder


12 comments:

KimmyS said...

Wonderful, love the textures and the layered flower is just ace
Thanks for taking part in the UCS

Laura Davis said...

What a beautiful card! I love your ribbon technique!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan

Latisha said...

Just beautiful

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

That's definitely the WINNER in my book. it's gorgeous!

Hugs,

Dora said...

your flower is gorgeous!

Amy said...

Beautiful card!! The flower and ruffled ribbon are fab. Great job!!

Jessica said...

Love your card! stunning flower and love the embossing, I love the way it pops out from the card. great take on the sketch xx

Anja (scrappie) said...

Great card love that flower and the embossing.

cheryln said...

perfectly lovely card! I love that flower!

Randee E said...

What a great interpretation of the challenge! Beautiful card!

Jingle said...

This card is beautiful! Your work on the flower is incredible! Great job!

LynneForsythe said...

That flower is stunning...great card!