Monday, May 18, 2009

Simple thank you card - black, white, and blue

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was alright, except for the earthquake last night that we had here in Los Angeles.

Here's a card I made today. It's a simple thank you card using only three colors: black, white, and blue. I think it looks like a present, but maybe that's just me. I'm submitting it to several challenges, as it seems to fit in their categories for this week! I'm so glad almost everyone lets you combine challenges.
  1. CCEE Stampers - for Specialty Papers challenge - I printed out the "thank you's" on transparency and attached them with eyelets. Can someone tell me the difference between transparency, acetate, and acrylic paper? I would really appreciate it, thanks :)
  2. Inspirational Card Sketches - for ICSketches #16 - I flipped it CW 90 degrees
  3. A Spoonful of Sugar - for Challenge 51 Buttons Galore - I used blue buttons down the right hand side of the card to try to balance out the bow in the upper left.
  4. Ann's Creative Nook - for GCA #41 It's All Black and White - I used primarily black and white and a touch of another color (blue)
  5. Paper Blooms - for Challenge #7 All Wrapped Up - I used the blue ribbon as the main focal point of my card.
  6. and Dutch Dare Card Challenge - for Challenge #48 Blue, White, and one other color - my other color is black
Here's the ICSketch #16
Here is my card




14 comments:

willow said...

What a lovely card and for so many challenges as well, well done that is really going for it
Maz

shelly said...

wow! i have to say when i saw you were submitting this for so many challenges i thought how in the world can she add SO many elements to one card! ( im overkill queen on my cards so i HAD to see who had outdone me! ;) ) you outwitted me... less is more (sometimes ;) ) your card is sooo pretty and you just rocked on all those challenges.. (im so card challenge envious! in a good way) and your right it does look like a present..as it should.. it is its own beautiful gift for someone. thanks for joining us at paperblooms this week hope to see you back next week :) good luck on my giveaway :)
im in central ca wonder if we'll be feeling your aftershocks..glad your ok :) shelly

shelly said...

ps...forgot to mention.. if you check out my blog over at BBTB were doing a blog hop if you check out that post you can see what im offering for that too :)

Leah said...

Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us on Paper Blooms, I hope you come back:) And combining challenging is just great!

scrapnnMO said...

OH my what a stunning card! Love that ribbon. WOW love that you turned that sketch this way. WoooHooo! Hope you'll come back often to play along with ICS! :)
♥Dawn♥

StampOwl said...

wow what a lot of challenges ... great job on the card

Rose said...

very impressive to get all those challenges into one card and have it turn out so awesome!!! love how it looks like a gift :D thanks so much for joining us on Paper Blooms this week and hope to see you next week :D

Stamp Talk with Tosh said...

Darling!! Love your little package and your acetate printed thank yous!!

Karin said...

Gorgeous card.
Love the colours, lay-out and beautifull ribbon.
Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

xoxo karin

Terrie B x said...

`Hi` your card is so pretty...
Thanks for joining in with ICS this week:)x

jacque4u2c said...

This is so awesome - I just love when you can make one project to cover several challenges! This is just stunning - I love it! Thanks for joining in the paper blooms challenge - I hope you come back next week too!

Cassie said...

Wow, this really is beautiful! So glad you played along over at Paper Blooms ;D

Ann said...

This is just to darn cute Ann!! Thanks for playing along and I hope to see you back!!

Mothermark said...

I am loving this! Its the coolest! Thanks for joining us!