Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Outta this world - Black/White/Silver

I hope that everyone had a good, long weekend! Mine was fantastic. We went on two day hikes and saw a couple of nice waterfalls. Our campsite was right by a beautiful Sierra lake and I would be lulled to sleep by the sound of water slapping on the rocks. I hope I'll be able to scrap those pics soon.

After a day of recuperation, I got back to making a couple of things and this Black/White/Silver rocket ship card is one of them. It's not the best, but I didn't feel like starting over. Does that ever happen to you? I keep working on it thinking that it's going to get better, but it doesn't, so I just accept it as it is.

I'm entering this card for:
  1. Crafty Muse - Black, white and one other color - My other color is silver
  2. Cute Daisy May - Monotone card
  3. Eat, Sleep, Stamp - ESS Sketch #38


Card Details
Paper: DCWV Glitter stack, unknown
Sentiment: created on computer
Stamp: Unknown, stars were hand-cut
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities

11 comments:

Kim Y. said...

It came out not too bad, Ann. It's good enough for a male card or even a little boy's card. I like it. It's different. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Muse. Hope to see more of your creations.

Linnie said...

I think its very clever great for a ittle boys birthday i struggle with those.
Thankyou for coming out to play with cute daisy may tjhis week
luv
linniexxx

spiritofcreativity said...

A great card Ann - perfect for a little boy
Thanks for joining us at CDM this week
Ann x

Sammi said...

Hi Ann! I love the rocket!! Great card!! :) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Muse again!!
Sammi
xxx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Super, super, super! I love the flair coming from the rocketship! Just super!

Hugs,

Enfys said...

What a great little boy card, I love the stars and the rocket looks super against the dark background. Thanks for joining us on CDM this week
hugs
En

Tracy said...

What a fantastic card!!! I can't believe you hand cut these stars. They're perfect! Super fun take on the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's challenge!

Hugs,
Tracy

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card and I love the rocket. Thank you for joining us over at Cute Daisy May.
Hugs Linda

jem said...

striking card, makes a change from cute, love the rocket and stars. thanks for joining daisy may. janex

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A fun card and quite dramatic! Thanks for joining the Daisy May Challenge this week!

Sarah C said...

What an awesome card. I love it. Thank you for taking up our challenge at Crafty Muse