Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mr. Robot Birthday card

I was very productive today! I got a few cards (4) done that I'll be sharing with you.

First up is Mr. Robot wishing you a Happy Birthday! I love this card, and my nephew's birthday is coming up so I'll be giving it to him. The robot stamp is an acrylic stamp, but I don't know from what company because whenever I buy acrylic stamps, I take them out of the package and throw them in a storage box. Sorry about that! I embossed the stamp with clear embossing powder and colored it with BIC Mark-it pens (thank you to Lindsay at The Frugal Crafter blog for the tip!) and distressed the edges. I embossed the "Happy Birthday" blue/green background using the birthday Cuttlebug folder and stamped it with blue and green ink to get the effect that you see. I made and printed out the sentiment on white paper and distressed that too. Added a couple of eyelets and did some layering and there you go!

I'm submitting this card to a few challenges:
  1. Card Patterns - for Sketch #15 challenge
  2. Forever Friends - for Birthday Boy challenge
  3. A Spoonful of Sugar - for Challenge #52 Celebration
  4. and Eat, Sleep, Stamp - for the Blogoversary Celebration challenge
Card Patterns Sketch #15 My Card


7 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow!!! This is so cute Ann. The sentiment is just as cute as the image. I'm so happy you were able to play along with the blogoversary challenge. Good luck.

Hugs,
Trac

Card Patterns said...

So adorable!!! I love it! The sentiment is soo cute as well!
Michelle

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!!

Sonya said...

Orrrr your card is so gorgeous!! Love the wee robot and love your creative take on the sketch.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card,love the cute image,thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Savitri said...

Very cute! Love the little robot!!

whoistracy said...

This is adorable! I just love that little robot. So glad you could join us at CP!