Friday, May 15, 2009

For my mother - I Will Follow You page

Hello everyone. Are you ready for the weekend? I sure am, but unfortunately, I have traffic school the whole day on Saturday :( I will never speed again, I will never speed again...yeah, right.

Anyway, today I made a scrapbook page for my mother. I used the current sketch that's up right now on the Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog. At first, I wasn't sure if the sketch was going to work out for a scrapbook page, but I think it turned out okay. I wrote the "poem," if you can call it that, and I've shared it at the bottom of this post if anyone is interested. The page is really feminine and sappy, but hey, it's about my mom! What other way can it be?

I'm submitting this page to three different challenges:
  1. Creative Inspirations - for Challenge #8 using a sketch - I believe I have all the basic elements of the sketch; I just changed some around a little.
  2. The Story Matters - for Women in Our Lives May challenge - how they've influenced us
  3. and Scrapping Out Loud! - for It's All About Mom challenge - yes, this is about my mommy

Creative Inspirations Challenge 8 Sketch

My Page - I Will Follow You


There's not much going on; I think the page is very minimal. Here's what I did: I wrote the poem and printed it out on a transparency. I cut the flower border and the "follow you" chipboard using a border font (which I can't think of right now) in SCAL and with my Cricut. Then glued the flower border onto the transparency, which I attached to Bazzill cardstock with eyelets. I dabbed the chipboard letters into an ink pad. I weaved the ribbon into the different layers because I didn't want to put the ribbon across my mom's picture! Put the flowers in a bouquet (I had to color the stems with ink because one of the flowers had white stems) and glued them on to the page. I distressed the edges of all the papers and the picture and ruffled them up a bit. The inspiration for the colors was the purple-ish/pinkish flowers in the background of the picture. Sorry, I don't know my flowers!

And now, here's my poem. Welcome to sappy-ville.

to my mother

I will follow you

You have been my guiding light,
Through the smooth
Through the rough.

Here I am, grown,
And still in admiration.
You can lead me anywhere,
Mother I will follow you.

When I thought I lost the way,
you would turn back,
you would say:
Daughter, follow me.

And that is what I’ve done,
And that is where I was,
Now this is where I am.

Through the smooth,
Through the rough,
Mom, I still follow you.


12 comments:

Jessica said...

wow! absolutely beautiful! thanks so much for playing along with our mom challenge!

Melissa said...

Amazing stuff!!! WOW! Stunning!

jude said...

WOW Stunning layout love the way you incorporated the sketch from creative inspirations challenge.Good luck
hugs judex

Queenie said...

Beautiful layout,lovely words heartfelt.Good luck in the challenge.
hugs
tracy
xxx

Denise said...

Oh Wow!!! Love your page! Love the poem too, very beautiful, thanks for playing along this week.

LOUISE said...

Beautiful scrapbook page! Thanks for joining us on Creative Inspirations Challenge, and best of luck. Louise x

maxine said...

Fantastic page, good luck.

Liesbeth said...

Thanks for playing at The Story Matters! I love your layout - very pretty with the flower border and those sweet colors!

Angela said...

It's lovely!! Thanks for playing along at www.thestorymatters.blogspot.com!!

Sophia said...

This is such a beautiful page and I love your poem! It's beautiful and heartfelt! Ain't our moms the greatest beings on this earth? Thanks for playing along with us over at The Story Matters

rozzy said...

Gorgeous LO and I just love the verse.
Your babies are gorgeous too :)
I have my 'abay' on my blog too :)
hugs rozzy xx

meganklauer said...

Great layout and way to get so many challenges done in one page!