Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Flower Silhouette in Setting Sun card

Today all I have to share is this simple card. It's a flower silhouette against the setting sun. To me, it kind of looks like I'm looking out a window, but in some ways, I feel like the flower silhouettes should have been palm trees or something. It has a beachy theme because of the brown card base that I went with. Oh well, it's done now! The sunset background was colored using ColorBox stamp ink (you know, that ones that pop out), the flower silhouette was cut with SCAL/Cricut (I found the SVG at Mamaw's Legacy), the sentiment is Stampin' Up! Oh, and of course it has to be a pretty sunset and not a sunrise because that's what we get here in California :)

I'm entering this card in a few challenges:
  1. The Fresh Batch - for Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge #15 SASSC15
  2. Crafty Muse - for May Day Challenge: Love, Flowers, and Romance - I think this image is kind of romantic...wouldn't you want to watch the sunset out this window with your significant other?
  3. Three Clovers - for Thursday Challenge #13 May Flowers - Not flowers, but flower silhouettes :)
  4. Whimsy Stamps - for Challenge 3 Flower Power
SAS Sketch #15

My card

6 comments:

Sammi said...

Hi Ann,
gorgeous card!! Lovely colours
(I love sunsets)!
Thanks for joining in the challenge at Crafty Muse!
Sammi
xxx

Sarah C said...

I love sunsets too. This card is gorgeous. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Crafty Muse xx

Kerry D-C said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS!! Great job combining all these challenges. Thanks so much for participating in this week's 3 Clover Thursday Challenge!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Hi Ann! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your birthday wishes. It's nice to meet you. I will become a follower of your blog as I definitely like what I'm seeing here!

Hugs,

Kim Y. said...

Just beautiful!

Kim Y. said...

We just had another earthquake yesterday afternoon. Did you feel it?